6mm ARC Gas gun

Jordan86

FNG
I built an upper with an 18” proof steel barrel and a geissle rail. It’s wearing a cheap vortex 4-16 HST on an aero lightweight mount till I save for a nicer scope and mount. It weighs around 9 lbs on a lower. It shoots the factory ELDX and ELDM bullets really well. I’ve shot ARs professionally my entire adult life, but I’ve never been a fan of them for hunting. I decided to use it this year for my 11 year old son’s first hunting season. He shot the 6mm ARC gas gun better than any other rifle we tried. It ended up being a great hunting rifle. He shot a whitetail buck off a tripod with an arca attachment while seated. He was able to spot his shot at 150 yards, while the scope was on 16x. The buck dropped its tracks. Sample size of one, but we love it so far.

What kind of weights are you guys seeing on finished builds? Hard to find actual weights on some of the complete uppers that are out there that aren’t the real top end of the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly 10 lbs

18” Grendel Hunter Upper with scope and can

My bolt actions are 10-11 lbs as well.

IMG_9297.jpeg

IMG_9315.jpeg

Tex68w

WKR
I am building one right now with coyotes and whitetail in mind. LMT MARS-L MRP with a Proof Carbon Fiber 18” 6 ARC barrel, JP bolt. I am torn between a NF ATACR 4-16x42 or the Leupold Mk5 2-10. I’ll run a clip-on with it for predator hunts and I think the 2-10 would provide a better FOV, but that extra 6x does sound nice as well. I have high hopes for the platform and suspect it’ll be easier to use in the deer blind than my 20” 308 with a can.