75x105 4 Fletch?

I wasn't able to find much past info on here or any info that seemed knowledgeable on other sites.

I just picked up a jig to start doing my own arrows and when I saw it will do the 75x105 4 fletched I was a little curious as I have never noticed anyone shooting it. I have been shooting 4 fletch and the idea of having a touch more clearance on my scope from the fletchings being farther down caught my attention.

Question is does anyone shoot it and if so have you noticed any negatives? Obviously it would limit knock tuning but I am talking more of arrow flight vs a regular 90 degree. I have no problem sticking with good old 90 degree but I'll always take a little more clearance if it's not going to hurt the arrow flight.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Depends which way you line them up, vertical, horizontal, or diagonal. My dad had his arrows fletched that way back in the 80s, and I've done a few to experiment but didn't see a lot of benefit.

I don't remember the exact degree range but I use to do the X-wing setup with my EZ Fletch mini. They shot well enough and it wouldn't bother me to go back to fletching that way. The only reason I don't now is I wanted to play with longer van options than the mini could handle and the new jig came already setup to 90's for 4 fletching (the X-wing pattern would require ordering an extra part).

I used to 4 Fletch, the Vanetec 2.5 inch V Max, vanes, in the 90* X 90* pattern, but found that they were just "Touching" the top of my QAD ultrarest AND my Flex guard "Roller", as the vane was passing over rest and by the roller, eventually "Rippling" the vanes, over time. ( PSE DNA SP Bow with, an Evolve Roller glide on, the Flex grd ).
I could NOT, "index" it out either, and I did not want to move the Flex guard up and screw up, my "Tune". But IF, I were, to 4 Fletch, again, I would do, the 105* X 75*, to stop the "touching", in both places ! Fortunately, I found that, 3 Fleching either, the 3" V Max or, 2.88" Swift vanes "work" great with, the 3 Broad heads that, I've used ( G5 Strikers, WacEm's and VPA 100 grain, Vented ). I do wish someone made, a 3 to 4 degree, Helical, 105 X 75*, 4 Fletch Jig as doing ONE Vane at a time is, a PITA ! But, I am happy now, using 3 of the 2.88 Swifts that, shoot AWESOME for me ! I'm not gonna "mess" with 4 vanes, again ! 4 of, the 2.5 V Maxes did shoot B-H's,.. very well, tho. I believe that, with a well "tuned" Bow, "Indexed" or "Nock tuned" Arrows, the 3 Fletch is, ENOUGH unless, the B-H's are,.. bigger !
Good luck !

OP
H
Well I did some checking with powder today and had one arrow leave a line right down the center of the bottom of the sight housing. So that would make me think the shaft is flexing just enough to hit or maybe the nock.
Anyway...just gonna do 90 degree and leave my max dial 5 yards less.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk