7mm WSM

Is this dead and gone? I have seen this along with 7mm STW and other neat rounds that I just can't find online. Is this one of those rounds that I will have to reload if I want to shoot it?

OP
Agdodge4x4
Thanks for the info. That seems to be what I am finding. That's too bad. Looks like a nice round.

Tahoe1305

WKR
It’s an awesome round. Get loaded factory ammo or brass (I prefer Winchester) but Hornady and Bertram can be had.

gabenzeke

WKR
During the ammo shortage at its worst, there was a pile of 7 wsm ammo at my local sportsman's warehouse. Like ten boxes or something. Sat there the whole time. Is probably still there. So fairly recently it could still be found.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I have one. I love it. It’s hard to find ammo and component these days. It was getting hard before the pandemic and that plus the 7 PRC I think are the end of it. When this barrel dies I’ll chamber the gun in something else

yukonjon

FNG
It’s definitely a round for reloaders now. I find it occasionally on the shelves m but few and far between. I think the ballistics were so close between the WSW and the 7 Rem Mag that it never took off. The short action is nice but ballistics we’re not noticeable better.

hersh2209

Lil-Rokslider
Yea I luv my Browning A bolt. Light and easy to carry.. Shoots 160gr accubond great. Killed everything from antelope, muleys , whitetails and elk with it.. 1moa. . Super hard to find ammo tho..

The napa in the small town I live in probably has at least 10 maybe more like 15 boxes of 7wsm sitting on their little ammo self they have. It’s been there for at least 2 years. During the biggest ammo shortages over Covid shit it still never got bought. I bet at one point it was the only rifle ammo for sale in a 70 mile radius. Made me want to buy a 7wsm but nobody chambers for it anymore, hence why it’s sat for so long.

OP
Agdodge4x4
I worry about not being able to shoot it. I can get .30-06 at the gas station in BFE. 7mm WSM rifles are cheap because of it though and that’s nice.

Flea21

Lil-Rokslider
I loved the 7WSM, but my gunsmith seemed to have throated it for a long action and I never got it to shoot small groups. After some back and forth, and a loooong wait for a reamer that never came, we decided to change the caliber. I think that round is a fantastic caliber though with some nice very high BC bullets to choose from. I dunno, maybe id try to build another or just sell off everything I've accumulated for it to fund somethign else.

tabshire

FNG
The napa in the small town I live in probably has at least 10 maybe more like 15 boxes of 7wsm sitting on their little ammo self they have. It’s been there for at least 2 years. During the biggest ammo shortages over Covid shit it still never got bought. I bet at one point it was the only rifle ammo for sale in a 70 mile radius. Made me want to buy a 7wsm but nobody chambers for it anymore, hence why it’s sat for so long.
Mountainrancher what town is that in I need some ammo bad bad lol.