7W late season rifle tag

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't been on here in a little bit but i hope everyones season is going good and safe! So im coming to you guys because a buddy of mine drew a 7w late season rifle tag for a bull. He actually got out there yesterday to start scouting and i am meeting him some time next week just to tag along and hopefully help pack out! He has been doing his homework but is having trouble getting in contact with a biologist or someone of the sort maybe a wildlife officer. I figured would reach out to you guys and see if anyone has any names or suggestions for people to look up for any pointers that might help seeing as we are new to the great state of arizona. Thanks in advance

OP
S

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
So i am not having any luck getting in contact with any biologists. Left a message but no call back yet. Im not looking for any freebies either just to put that out there but if anyone has any general pointers or general areas of the unit for us on this late season hunt it would be greatly appreciated! I hope i dont sound like one of THOSE GUYS either! Just figured id see if anyone is willing to give a helping pointer to us. We have every intention on hunting hard and working for any opportunities we may get! If not we'll have a blast busting our butts with or with out success!

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
Arizona list starting areas for hunting game on their web site. Good luck, and dont expect big bulls to be everywhere, that isnt a great unit for big bulls.

Last edited:
OP
S

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
Arizona list starting areas for hunting game on their web site. Good luck, and dont expect big bulls to be everywhere, that isnt a great unit for big bulls.
Thanks for the reply, weve been checking it out actually and probably have a better handle on it than we think but time will tell.

OP
S

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
This is my buddys tag he is more of the non technical sort ha. But thank you! I believe it was 6 points. Im meeting him this coming weekend for the hunt. Hes actually scouting there now and finally turned up a couple decent bulls tonight!

Good luck! There could be bulls in almost every square mile of that unit. Stick to the glass and find a shooter, then go get him. You’ll have plenty of company on that hunt but don’t let it discourage you.

OP
S

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck! There could be bulls in almost every square mile of that unit. Stick to the glass and find a shooter, then go get him. You’ll have plenty of company on that hunt but don’t let it discourage you.

That's great to hear thanks for the positive reinforcement it definitely helps!

rgrx1276

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, good luck on your hunt. Get out there early and don’t always look to where everyone else thinks where the bulls are. I hunted AZ unit 6A in the past and found the bulls 2 years back to back down in the junipers, not up in the hills where every one said they would be...

OP
S

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, good luck on your hunt. Get out there early and don’t always look to where everyone else thinks where the bulls are. I hunted AZ unit 6A in the past and found the bulls 2 years back to back down in the junipers, not up in the hills where every one said they would be...

Thanks a lot, we will keep that in mind for sure.