A nation of wimps?

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
Okie dokie!
I was born in 1950 and grew up in East Texas.
We lived through hurricanes, tornados, drouths, floods, 100°+ temps, +/-20° temps and the occasional hard freeze and snow.
Until the 2nd grade, the only A/C I had experienced was at the local "Duke & Ayers" department store and the Texas Theater.
I can remember my sister and me ice skating (no skates) on our farm pond (1 acre). We didn't break through.

Our dogs lived outside. We heated the house with LPG space heaters. They were burned during the day. They were turned off every night! Regardless of night time temps!
The heat of summer meant opening every window in the house, mosquitoes be damned! Spent many a summer night, wallowing in a pool of sweat until, out of desperation, you slipped onto that linoleum floor because it was MUCH cooler!
Maybe a box fan to stir the sultry air!

These days! Freezing temps and summertime highs above 90° and the news organizations go into orbit! 🤯
Don't go outdoors without proper clothing. Drink plenty water!
The NE is flooding.
The SW is in a drought!
Subzero temps in the Great Lakes area.

Have we become a nation of "wimps"?
If something unforseen happened, would you be able to provide warmth or compensate for the heat until power is restored?

NRA4LIFE

WKR
We heat our house mostly with wood in the winter here. Between the tanks of gas I keep around and the gas in our vehicles, we probably have 75-100 gallons of gas at the house at any one time. Freezers full of meat, seafood and veggies plus several hundred home canned jars of food, we could make it 6 months minimum on our own.

I grew up in WI and we never had A/C. Summers could get hot at times, but we powered through it.

Born in 76 with three kids 14-19 and we are definitely a nation of wimps.
My 19 year old is toughening up but if someone was to really go down it wouldn’t take long.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or -when the news says it’s really cold in Montana, oh never mind they never say that :ROFLMAO:

vJ21Gw7.png

GSPHUNTER

WKR
We heat our house mostly with wood in the winter here. Between the tanks of gas I keep around and the gas in our vehicles, we probably have 75-100 gallons of gas at the house at any one time. Freezers full of meat, seafood and veggies plus several hundred home canned jars of food, we could make it 6 months minimum on our own.

I grew up in WI and we never had A/C. Summers could get hot at times, but we powered through it.
And real humid for three months at a time. Southern Wi. myself.

jpmulk

WKR
Well it is no doubt we have become a nation of soft men. It is also no doubt the news folks are all a bunch of liars trying to fire people up so they can make money or push their bought and paid for agenda.

So true on two fronts.

Hard times make tough men. Tough men make good times. Good times make soft men. Soft men make hard times. -hopf

Looks like hard times are coming next.

These days! Freezing temps and summertime highs above 90° and the news organizations go into orbit! 🤯
The folks on the "news" parrot exactly what their check signers tell them to. (remember the video of dozens of anchors all saying the exact same thing?)
The check signers are told what to do by the globalist commies who want you to believe that if you hand over your guns & pay more taxes they can save you from the weather.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
You should see the worker regs the communist state of CA heaps on employers regarding farm workers and hot days......crazy. It started that with temps over 95 degrees you had to go out and talk to them to be careful. Then it got dropped to 90 and they can take as many water breaks as they want. Employers also have to have 1 liter of water per hour per worker on hand at all times. Soon they'll have to provide a foot massage after the crew has been on their feet over 8 hours.