A way to prove your stuff

Wrench

WKR
Fun thread. I'll wait for you to close up the last couple inches that some guy on the internet left with his non trendy caliber shooting standing up off a backpack on a hood of a rig.

I didn't watch the video but anything challenging peoples unrealistic over confidence in long range shooting is cool by me.

The percentage of hunters who i would bet on hitting a 1 MOA target @ 100 yards more than 70 or 80% of the time is tiny, much less at 1000 yards.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I didn't watch the video but anything challenging peoples unrealistic over confidence in long range shooting is cool by me.

The percentage of hunters who i would bet on hitting a 1 MOA target @ 100 yards more than 70 or 80% of the time is tiny, much less at 1000 yards.

I watched the video.
Dont waste your time.
Unless you want to see dudes miss alot.
for the record I dont have a 1 moa gun, nor am I a 1 moa shooter, nor am I a 1 moa wind caller. I would miss alot too.

Last edited:
I watched the video.
Dont waste your time.
Unless you want to see dudes miss alot.
for the record I dont have a 1 moa gun, nor am I a 1 moa shooter, nor am I a 1 moa wind caller. I would miss alot too.

haha i couldn't help but take a peek and fast forward through some stuff. The purple shirt dude with the ghillie on his super tacticool howa was too much :ROFLMAO:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I liked to hang these 3” gongs during local shooting days/competitions I used to host.

You would be amazed at the lack of hits on a 3” gong once you get past 300ish yards. Even with “experienced” shooters.

IMG_4010.jpeg

On this particular day I was the only one who got any hits on the 3” target at the 500 yard station.
IMG_5164.jpeg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Back when I had time and a life. We used to shoot clay birds and the lil 1lb propane bottles @800 with the 223's.

Those kept a guy honest
We used to do the the same with the orange clay pigeon discs! I was always amazed when the middle section would blow out and the outside of the disc would sit there like nothing happened.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Truth. Its humbling to try to hit a bunch of 1" sticker dots at 100 yards with one shot.

TaperPin

WKR
I love those 1000 yard plinking videos. That dude has a much more accurate 50 cal than 99% of the Barrets.

Even the 1000 yard f class matches are fun to watch if the wind is switching around.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I agree with @wind gypsy anything challenging the ease of making a 1000 yard shot is good. This thread inspired this weeks Long Range Tip...

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
Surely you jest. I hiked through and took a picture. I would have used my phone....but that's the camera. I would have used my hand, but I would get accused of having 14" fingers.
No after typing that I was like, Oh “ shoot” he wasn’t shooting at his tab, he was using it as a reference. My bad.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
I liked to hang these 3” gongs during local shooting days/competitions I used to host.

You would be amazed at the lack of hits on a 3” gong once you get past 300ish yards. Even with “experienced” shooters.

View attachment 612076

On this particular day I was the only one who got any hits on the 3” target at the 500 yard station.
View attachment 612087
Exactly, and most take several “ sighter shots” before they ever get a hit.

Lot of unserious stuff in that video.

Shooter #1: Why does he have to fully remove his cheek from the rifle in order to cycle the bolt after each shot?
Shooter #3: We're really doing the ghillie thing on the rifle? Really?
Shooter #5: Also does the thing where he has to break his cheek weld while cycling the bolt.
Last shooter: Also lifts cheeks off the rifle entirely while cycling bolt.