AAE Max Stealth won't stick

holmesac89

Lil-Rokslider
Last year I used AAE Max Stealth vanes with BE Rampage arrows. I used the primer pen and AAE glue, but not the aae wipes before fletching. I had no problem with adhesion and it was nearly impossible to get the fletchings off. This year I'm using Easton Axis arrows. I'm using the same glue, pen, and now wipes but the vanes easily peel right off the Easton arrows. Suggestions?

Trial153

WKR
Last year I used AAE Max Stealth vanes with BE Rampage arrows. I used the primer pen and AAE glue, but not the aae wipes before fletching. I had no problem with adhesion and it was nearly impossible to get the fletchings off. This year I'm using Easton Axis arrows. I'm using the same glue, pen, and now wipes but the vanes easily peel right off the Easton arrows. Suggestions?
Fresh glue, max bond.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I run max stealth on Easton axis, I have a wrap though, clean it with alcohol, primer, then glue, you can’t pull them off with vice grips. Tried doing it a bunch of other ways first, different glues, no primer, etc. In the end it was a waste of money.

Kaseman

FNG
I hit the vane with some wet dry sand paper then nail polish remover before glueing. Works awesome! Any sand paper should work it just gives it something to stick to. The shaft is prepped with sand paper as well. Then cleaned with alcohol 90% “target brand” on a paper towel.

Kaseman

FNG
I use the AAE max. victory rip shaft. But it has worked very good on various arrow shaft makers.

As others said, need fresh glue. Had this problem earlier this week. New bottle of glue and all is well. Don't know how long the primer pen lasts.

OR Archer

WKR
If you’re not sanding the shiny clear coat down then they aren’t going to stick period. That needs to be scuffed up to get any vane to stick.

WYCFM1

WKR
I think this could be a case of too much glue. I barely put any max bond glue on my vanes and they are vise grip proof. I run a bead of glue down the vane then I push the nozzle down the vane again picking up extra glue so I rarely have any excess glue to wipe after sticking. Less is more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ucsdryder

WKR
Reason #45 to use blazers. Go buy some super glue gel at Walmart for 3.99 and go to town. No bs with primer pens and special glue that goes bad if it’s not “fresh”.

Reason #45 to use blazers. Go buy some super glue gel at Walmart for 3.99 and go to town. No bs with primer pens and special glue that goes bad if it’s not “fresh”.

Regular super glue goes bad as well. Once it's opened it has a shelf life.

But about any store has super glue. No tracking down anything special.

Trial153

WKR

You can order Max bond from Amazon and have it the next day it will take you about 30 seconds to place the order and you dont have to subject yourself to the Walmart freakshow

ontarget7

WKR
Switch to Q2i vanes
Excellent adhesion qualities and the bases make for a very clean application.

For me the AAE’s are very overrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellsdw

WKR
I’ve used acetone
purple pvc primer (thin need down the vane)
Then gorilla glue gel
For my age max hunters on gold tips with wraps
I tested glues and primers last year that we had at the hardware store I work at part time during some down time. This formula has worked for me