Advice for mounting NX8 2.5-20 F1on a 300 Win Mag

I am ordering an NX8 2.5-20 F1. I know there can be some issues getting the proper eye relief on long actions. My rifle has a 20 MOA Pic rail.

Can anyone provide advice for the height of rings and how they made it work?

Thanks.

The type of rifle, manufacture, model and barrel contour all can come into play. So you may want to provide some more information.

Good call. It's a Alamo Precision Altitude build with a Proof Sendero barrel. I know there is another similar thread to the one I am starting now, but just looking for a little more info. Thanks.

Here is mine mounted

Attachments

• 79B644D5-2FE1-407D-98DD-29914CEC72AA.jpeg
    79B644D5-2FE1-407D-98DD-29914CEC72AA.jpeg
    729.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 0EA9AC61-B5C5-4620-9D1A-5F7CC13DC58F.jpeg
    0EA9AC61-B5C5-4620-9D1A-5F7CC13DC58F.jpeg
    820.4 KB · Views: 127
I believe there is a ring height calculator, you might try searching it here on Rokslide. Off the top of my head (don't trust it), I believe you need medium height rings.

Good choice on the scope.
I have 2 and used medium Hawkins precision rings with the level.
I would agree with the above post if you’re going to go with NF rings.
How long is your expected wait for the scope?

What you can do is purchase lows and mediums if your splitting hairs as far as fit.... return the unused rings, this will save a little time if nothing else.

Short scopes are a problem on LA rifles. I always want to keep my scope as low as possible. I considered the NX8 2.5-20 for my most recent but it was too short. A Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22 is barely long enough in ARC low rings.

f3542db6065e7ccc2bb3e796020b9b3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks! They are saying 6 weeks right now.

Did you go with first or second focal plane?

Here is mine mounted
That’s a 2.5-20x on a long action?
It looks like you have a whole inch of clearance, while most guys have it backed up right against the picatinny rail, and still complain about proper eye relief.
I’m curious about that, since I’m trying to put a 2.5-20x on a rem700 long action.

You can always cut some off the front of the rail if it’s interfering with the objective bell.
I’m trying to mount a 2.5-20x on a long action, and I think between cutting the pic rail, and higher rings, I can get proper eye relief without issue. I’m hoping at least.

Tikka dropped in a KRG Bravo. No eye relief issue with the NX8 2.5-20 F1IMG_7451.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7450.jpeg
    IMG_7450.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 16
FWIW, I went with a rial. have NF medium rings on a mountain tactical rail on my tikka. It adds a few ounces but I wanted to have more flexibility to find the right eye relief Than direct mount rings offered.

I had to trim and chamfer the front face of my rail to get it to fit on my 280ai. On my 300prc origin build, I threw the towel in and I'm buying a 4x32.

1000001331.jpg

Back