Advice on Fitness Tracking Watches

jhubbz

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking for some advice on fitness tracking watches. Currently have the Galaxy Active and it's not the best. Battery life is less than 24 hours. What do y'all use? My primary use will be for tracking heart rate, GPS to map runs, steps, etc. Would prefer something I don't have to charge everyday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jmcd22

WKR
Check out the garmin instinct and review thread by Jordan on this site she did a very comprehensive review with many replies on this watch

Is that what you have? I want to say I've seen you post pictures of the app showing the tracking. It's a watch I've been looking at for a while.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes indeed been using it since January great battery life and no complaints to date has more techy stuff than this old guy uses and very simple to use25BDB612-84C1-490C-9659-8621C79A8F68.png

*zap*

WKR
I use an older suunto Ambit2 and their movescout program. Works well for me. GPS, alti/baro, and heart rate from a chest strap. Movescout is a handy program for tracking.

zacattack

WKR
I'm looking for some advice on fitness tracking watches. Currently have the Galaxy Active and it's not the best. Battery life is less than 24 hours. What do y'all use? My primary use will be for tracking heart rate, GPS to map runs, steps, etc. Would prefer something I don't have to charge everyday.

If you have an iPhone I would recommend an I watch. I haven’t quite figured out if it maps runs but it does have gps to track distance. Measures heart rate and recovery. Keeps track of workouts. Also it syncs to your phone. Plus you can get phone calls, music, emails, weather, texts, everything else with it.

blktail74

FNG
I have the Garmin Fenix 5 and I think it is great. Battery will last more than 10 days in standard operating mode and about 36 hours if constantly utilizing the GPS feature. They use to be extremely expensive but now you can pick one up for about $300. Camofire sometimes has them on their site.

OP
J

jhubbz

Lil-Rokslider
If you have an iPhone I would recommend an I watch. I haven’t quite figured out if it maps runs but it does have gps to track distance. Measures heart rate and recovery. Keeps track of workouts. Also it syncs to your phone. Plus you can get phone calls, music, emails, weather, texts, everything else with it.
My wife has an iwatch and likes it. I'm an Android user. So no go for me.

OP
J

jhubbz

Lil-Rokslider
Does anybody use the instinct for monitoring heart rate?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
shave the wrist and it is pretty accurate....another feature is the mapping in the free program likely many have this but good data on your path0081EC4A-5378-40E0-B222-5E1819076181.png

@jhubbz I have the Instinct and have used the heart rate monitor. They’re modestly accurate. The sensor on the back is, in essence, measuring the volume of blood pushed through the vein when the heart contracts. It’s not going to be fool proof, but accurate to measure elevations, dips, etc.

Kronos

FNG
I use the Garmin Tactix Delta. Basically the same thing as the Garmin Fenix 6, but I wanted night vision compatibily so I chose the Tactix Delta.