Aftermarket Tikka Magazine PRC, SAUM, WSM platforms

OP
HellsCanyon
Very good response everyone! Excited to bring the product to life! I’m in the middle of swapping merchant services from the anti gun stripe/PayPal to a new company. Should be finalized next week and then I’ll get a pre-order up on the website for everyone! Got material and springs being ordered first of next week!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also in for one.

Mountain tactical indicated they likely wouldn’t have another run of mags til fall or later when they shipped their last mag to Mike for my saum a couple weeks ago.

OP
HellsCanyon
Mike, just to clarify. Initial run is for wsm/prc/SAUM cartridges only, correct?

Yes that is correct. I’m expecting around 70-80% of those wanting a magazine would use it for that platform. It should be very simple to tune another program for the 308 based cases as well as the “long action” calibers into part of a second run.

Mike

SFG

FNG
I will be interested if you have plans on making mags for the AICS platform for those of us with the CDI bottom metals.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I understand the idea, have you done any prototypes to confirm? No trying to be a dink but I don’t need more 2rnd mags. ;) But true functional 3rd mags are of interest.

OP
HellsCanyon
I understand the idea, have you done any prototypes to confirm? No trying to be a dink but I don’t need more 2rnd mags. ;) But true functional 3rd mags are of interest.

No prototypes yet but we'll go through a proper R&D development. It's not hard to calculate how deep you need a single feed mag with an 75% compressed spring and case dimensions. There's clearly a need for a quality magazine of this "intent", and I have LOTS of resources to make sure they fit and function as intended. The raw material we're using has the dimensions to go deeper than what we calculate we need, so if we need to make an adjustment, then we will. Expect the mag to sit .750" below stock line (+/- .250").

Mike

Last edited:
OP
HellsCanyon
10-4 if you are committed to testing ahead of production to clear these hurdles I am down for 2. :)

Absolutely! The way these are coming together changes can be made in house and I imagine we will get it tuned in nice and quick.

We’ve got a pretty slick idea to help assist the mag disengagement and to keep it quiet no matter the conditions. But that’s gonna stay a secret until we get a prototype made .

As much as I’d like to jump ahead and put a pre-order on the books next week, I think I’ll hold off until we get something in hand and initial testing done. Springs may be the big hold up at that point however.

Mike

117d-rto

FNG
I'd buy two, when can we start making this official and filling out orders?

KClark

WKR
Looks really good Mike, great idea.

Will they be anodized? What is the bottom plate made from and does it slide or snap off?

This is very cool! Can't wait to see how they turn out, great idea Mike. Toying and tinkering with the design has got to be fun! I love that stuff.

OP
HellsCanyon
I'd buy two, when can we start making this official and filling out orders?

We should have the first prototype up by the end of the month. Pre-orders will likely take place shortly after! Want to make sure that production costs and the design is solid before any money changes hands.

Mike