Alaska Moose

Jeff1

FNG
Hey guys; so I’m trying to plan a DIY moose hunt sometime in the next few years; and I’d like to do a rifle hunt. I’m not necessarily picky on where/how to hunt; but I’m willing to do whatever it takes to successfully harvest a bull moose. Any tips/recommendations on general locations and techniques would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Pretty sure the non-resident deadline to hunt 2024 is December 15th isn't it? Good to have a plan in place for sure... I spent 8 days in Alaska in September making plans. Cannot wait to get back over there.

AKBorn

WKR
If you are talking diy drop off hunting, Papa Bear or Renfros is the easy button. Get on the list and go hunt.
This. Both of those outfits fly out of Bethel if you were not aware.

Are you going to fly to AK, or drive? How many hunters in your group? How much are you anticipating it will cost? Lots of details to toss around...

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Mxg, that deadline is for submitting draw tag applications. General harvest moose tags for non-residents are over the counter or online anytime before the day you hunt that year.

Hey guys; so I’m trying to plan a DIY moose hunt sometime in the next few years; and I’d like to do a rifle hunt. I’m not necessarily picky on where/how to hunt; but I’m willing to do whatever it takes to successfully harvest a bull moose. Any tips/recommendations on general locations and techniques would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are looking for DIY I would steer you towards a transporter or air taxi. I used Dancing Bear. Jason is as honest of guy as I’ve found in Alaska and took great care of me and my dad last year when we killed our bull. I highly recommend him for diy caribou or moose. Give him a call and you won’t be disappointed. https://www.dancingbearalaska.org/

If you are looking for DIY I would steer you towards a transporter or air taxi. I used Dancing Bear. Jason is as honest of guy as I’ve found in Alaska and took great care of me and my dad last year when we killed our bull. I highly recommend him for diy caribou or moose. Give him a call and you won’t be disappointed. https://www.dancingbearalaska.org/
@Illini1988 I was hoping to get some more information about your trip with Dancing Bear and was wondering if you’d mind messaging me. Thanks!