Alaskan guide bino harness

twall13

WKR
I have an older version and not the compact model but I've never had a squeak at all. From the look on the videos (assuming it's similar for OP), my binos simply aren't in there quite as snugly so there isn't as much pressure when pulling them out or putting them back in. Those videos almost seem like the foam sewn inside the fabric is what is squeaking, possibly because the optics are so tight they are pulling on the fabric/foam/etc. Again, I assume the newer models have the foam on the inside to give it structure, I know mine does as I have a basement on mine and it's clearly visible... Perhaps a size up in the pack would be necessary?

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
I have slc 42's in a regular with basement. Plenty of room for the binos and yes, I don't have as much squeak as tipsntails but still a decent amount. Will try to post a video tonight as a comparison.

avodude

Lil-Rokslider
I get a bad squeak too with my vortex diamondbacks. Squeak is so loud I keep the binos out when I'm around animals.

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
Best thing I could think of for the fix is either to stretch out the case a little bit as its definitely snug with those binos or try adding a different liner. I know the first thing I have always done with Any bino harness is wash it in scent free detergent just like my hunting clothes and then tumble dry on low but I add something in the drier like old poker chips or several hard style balls. This kind of softens up and breaks in any material. During this process I'll turn it inside out about half way through.

dotman

WKR
Mine doesn't squeak but I do you hear a major rubbing sound from the harness when you have a pack on. It drove me nuts all last week and my fhf never did it. I haven't tried it with my bikini but with the new frame it does not mesh well with the material on the shoulder pads of the frame. If you super tighten it it goes away and when hauling out a heavy load it isn't an issue but with a light daypack it drove me nuts.

Last edited:

MTarrowflinger

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a pair of swaro el 10x42 in a cub model. No squeak either.

With a handle like prconnection, a join date of yesterday, and 2 posts (both on 4+ month old threads) advocating AGC, I'm wondering what's up?

I don't have a problem with AGC, just kinda an odd way to start out here...

prconnection

Lil-Rokslider
With a handle like prconnection, a join date of yesterday, and 2 posts (both on 4+ month old threads) advocating AGC, I'm wondering what's up?

I don't have a problem with AGC, just kinda an odd way to start out here...

Lol. Got to start somewhere.....ha got three posts now
I just a happy customer!