Amazon Arrows?

NMJM

FNG
Anyone try cheap arrows on Amazon? With the price of name brand arrows, I am considering buying some cheap ones on Amazon for around $50 per dozen. I am thinking they all probably come out of the same factory in China and the name brands just throw their decals on them.

They are probably coming out of same factory, just the shafts that don't meet the spec for the manufacturer.

And the manufacturers tend to do their own sorting, so I'd bet it's more than just being off a little on spine.

There will be more consistency in arrows if you go for more premium arrows. More expensive arrows are within a grain or two from one another. I have seen cheaper arrows be like 12 grains difference from lightest to more expensive. At long distances if you arw a decent shot I believe you will definitely tell thee difference. High end arrows area also +/- 0.001 in straightness. Cheaper arrows are not as straight.

With all that said, I do believe people think premium arrows will make them world class shooters and it won't. But If you can afford the best arrows out there and it'll make you feel better why not? Most of us couldn't tell the difference from high end and mid grade stuff but as far as grain consistency goes I think that's important, and that is why I don't recommend super lower end arrows. Just my opinion please do correct me if I'm wrong or if you disagree let me know why.

How about as a complete novice who's considering getting into bow-hunting? Would it make sense for me to get an OK bow and terrible arrows to practice with? Then if I'm enjoying it, maybe get a nice arrow and see if I can tell a difference?

How about as a complete novice who's considering getting into bow-hunting? Would it make sense for me to get an OK bow and terrible arrows to practice with? Then if I'm enjoying it, maybe get a nice arrow and see if I can tell a difference?
I would go with a cheaper version of an expensive arrow. For example, get the sport version of the victory rip tko arrows. They have a +/-0.001 straightness in their "elite"
+/-0.003 in their "gamer" and +/-0.006 in their "sport" and you're paying $110 for a dozen. I would much, much rather spend $110 on good arrows then $50 on cheap ones that may explode on you.

I shot Axis for years...and switched to the Access and Linkboy on EBay and Ali express a few years ago- about $35/Doz for shafts.

So far excellent. In fact, the finish holds up better than the Easton arrows. My guess is China doesn't have to use water based finishes- but I dunno. I do know they are better. FWIW, I like 9gpi shafts and up for their durability....

I shot Axis for years...and switched to the Access and Linkboy on EBay and Ali express a few years ago- about $35/Doz for shafts.

So far excellent. In fact, the finish holds up better than the Easton arrows. My guess is China doesn't have to use water based finishes- but I dunno. I do know they are better. FWIW, I like 9gpi shafts and up for their durability....
Can you provide a link to those?

I haven't tried any off-brand/no-name arrows, but I would guess they're coming out of the same factories as name brand arrows and just didn't make spec on spine, straightness, or weight consistency. You might have a couple more culls than you would with a dozen name brand arrows, but at half price, they may be worth a try.

The scare photo posted above can happen with any arrow if it gets abused and reused. In fact, the photo appears to be of a name brand arrow (Carbon Express) based on the vane logo. Check your arrows for cracks (flex and look/listen) when you first get them and again after any hard impacts.

You're shooting them out of a compound or just your recurve? I'd shoot about anything out of my recurve with no issue. I'd be nervous shooting a cheap arrow from my compound.

I definitely do not mind paying extra for a premium product. It just seems unlikely that a carbon arrow manufacturer would change anything if a name brand company is ordering product or if it was a knock off brand making the same order. I also find it unlikely any brand is checking spine and straightness of every arrow. Then again I have not noticed a difference between .001 and .003 arrows, but I do start to see a difference at .006 out past 60 yards. I have fallen victim to marketing hype in the past. I have been shooting Easton Axis 5mm 300 spine for years. Every time I go to order another dozen the price has increased. I am ready to try something different. I find it unlikely I am good enough to notice a difference, just wondering if anyone else has tried a knock off brand.

The overwhelmingly majority of archers can’t outshoot the difference between a .006 and .003 shaft, of the few that can, the overwhelming majority of them can’t outshoot the difference in a .003 and .001.

Get you some Easton 6.5 bow hunters (.006) or gold tip hunters (.006) and call it a day. Shop around. You can regularly find a dozen fletched shafts in the 65 dollar neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re trying to save money buy used high end arrows on here or Archerytalk that meet your specs. Inspect and flex. Less risk than buying unknown Amazon arrows. I’ve bought dozens of used arrows

I shot some linkboys at tac, they seem to spine as advertised and flew well. They did not spin perfect for me but I shot them for a few months in practice and from 60-110 all weekend and then didn’t mine detonating a few on the steel targets before I left. Their 4mm are quite heavy but as mentioned above, most guys cannot shoot the difference out of a well tuned bow that is spined right.

I purchase .006 arrows of my chosen brand and model for practice and the straightest model for hunting. Cut equal lengths of front and back and square both ends no real flight differences out to 60 I can find. Mine are gokdtip kinetic pierce and pierce LRT for example. It saves me some coin since I shoot a lot in the offseason and can shoot the same specs year round. I could if on a budget confidently hunt with the cheaper arrows. I spend the money for hunting as I only get a very limited amount of opportunities to kill an elk every year or none at all so I’ll maximize my chances.

Back