Japan made Burris Signature HD latest model selling for $207 on Amazon

ELKOHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Most binoculars specs are ordinary glass, coatings and construction doesn't show up in the spec sheet. The swaros are the best binoculars and what all others are compared too but you also pay for it. These Burris are amazing for the price on sale but not equal to 1k dollar binos like the Maven b series, meoptas or others in that class. The Burris are much better then the 200 dollar vortex the average guy has however
Well stated. Just because your Honda Civic can reach 60mph, doesn't make it a Dodge Viper.

grackle45

FNG
I will say that I’m getting strange vibes from the original poster. Something is really off about the language he uses and a lot of other things. Be careful…

Like @mtnwkr said, this thread is primarily one person's opinion.

Is this a common scam or promotion thing? I looked around online at the models hes mentioning and found 3 deleted accounts and one active one on reddit all talking the same way about the same models but nobody seems to give it any attention. One comment said birdforum and cloudnights banned a guy doing the same thing. Do people get kickbacks for hyping undersold products?

Optics reviews remind me of car reviews. People either selling you something or they're bashing the thing they didn't buy.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried ZeroTech?
They're way overpriced stripped down Athlons actually my friend has some of them wouldn't doubt they too come from the same factory as Athlon and Scoopx.

They have really nice aluminum lens covers though just like the higher end overpriced Chinese Hawkes better than the plastic tenebraex that were included with all of my Nightfrce NX8s.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
I just sent my Nikon M511 in for service recently, they replaced the outer rubber and installed new lenses that I had scratched up., I don't have a receipt and have sent these in before and they replaced the eyepieces, never a problem and no charge. They told me lifetime warranty on Nikon Bino. Years ago i had a pair of burris Binos, really liked them until they stopped working, Burris at that time got out of the bino business and left me high and dry. Not a Burris fan boy after that! I think Nikon and everybody has to give lifetime warranty's anymore because of vortex influence.
Did you call Nikon or go online to initiate warranty return prior to sending them in to Nikon? I have an Action Egret II with a cracked internal lens needing repair or replacement. I'm actually scared to even send them in to Nikon after that lengthy long winded phone conversation with their head honcho at their warranty department. I don't have a receipt for it either.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
I think what I find confusion is that these binos are so expensive normally, but their specs are so ordinary. They look pretty good though, especially for the price.

I will say that I’m getting strange vibes from the original poster. Something is really off about the language he uses and a lot of other things. Be careful…
People may think I'm definitely off because I tend to buy multiples of everything to check for sample variance.

This is true but sample variance is real.

I'm needing to free up some cash in order to buy duplicates of Swarovski NLPUREs now.

I have OCD in testing everything to see which is better that's what my "off" nature really is TBH. Buying multiples of everything including guns in the same caliber just to see which barrel is most accurate is also what I used to do before the ammo shortage then put the so-so guns on consignment at the local gun shop. Most people seem to not even care if their guns shoot sub 1/4 MOA or over 1/2 MOA. I even bought a world record holder super accurate rifle one holer all day long. Then bought 5 more off the shelf same caliber same action even tried a lot of different barrels to try to duplicate it and could not. I even ended up buying 40 (FOURTY) barrel blanks and gave up.

I WAS ACTUALLY A LOT WORSE BEFORE when I actually had a regular income from a good salary job then lost it all after COVID-19.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried these? I'm intrigued with the sale price and feradyne owns many big hunting brands
https://www.feradyne.com/product/8x42-binoculars/
Those are unreal clear and they're like a Athlon Cronus UHD Gen 2 in a 8x and much lighter too that won't make you dizzy or nauseated as the CRONUS.

Holy crap those are dirt cheap now BUY THEM. Nevermind their only 3 year warranty they're almost as clear as the ScoopX UHDs. They used to be way more expensive. This is another killer bang for your buck right there. Clearer than the Nikon Monarch M7 and Vortex Viper HDs and probably clearer than the Leupold BX4s.

Buy from Amazon for a little more $ with free shipping if their direct to consumer website charges additional for shipping probably Amazon will be cheaper.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Burris Signature HD 8x42 currently back up to $499.99.

I have one available at the sale price I paid plus shipping to you otherwise it's going to be returned to Amazon with prepaid return shipping label. I don't need multiples of these due to the Burris no questions asked lifetime FOREVER warranty.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
The porro binoculars are a little big for my liking. Is there any pint in going over $200 on roof prisms if the NL pure aren't even that good? I'm really wondering why all the hype if cheaper options are that close. I've got a elk/deer hunt this year and the guide said to buy the best I can afford, then come on here for research and hearing the opposite basically, so confused.
If you can afford the Japan made Kowa Genesis Prominar XD 8x33 or 10x33 with fluorite glass these are the best bang for the buck in higher end bins that's great for hunting not that heavy and moderately compact. Look for sales in the $800 or less price range or call Cameraland for better price quotes over the phone.

I would have recommended the Japan made Maven B.3 10x30s in the sub $600 price point but my recently purchased pair aren't that great optically but maybe good enough if you haven't already looked through as many different Binoculars as I have already looked through after comparing them to the ScoopX UHD 10x42s and Bushnell Legacy WP Porro Prism 10x50s which I normally compare to all binoculars I buy and received first thing to see if they're worth keeping for the prices paid. I use my Nikon HG 10x42s on the higher end to compare as well then when better than the HGs the KOWA Genesis comes out and now it's the NL Pures but I still have to get used to the colors not popping and not 3d little ti none actually not as much wow factor as I'm used to with the POP in the cheaper Binoculars I'm already accustomed to using. Like turning down the color on your 8k TV set is best describe looking through NL Pures. They're really sharp but colors not as vibrant it's as though you're up close in person looking naturally with your naked eyes.

I personally prefer looking through Binoculars that pop with great 3d effect and vibrant colorful rich colors.

Leupold BX5 Santiam is also one of my favorites both in a 15x56 (I have two of these) and easiest on my eyes glassing all day with and zero eye fatigue just like my Maven B.5 18x56s. SIG Zulu 9 11x45 is slowly becoming another favorite. Better for tripod hunting and glassing with.

What's your maximum budget? I can recommend something right at your Max budget if you prefer to spend the money.

I'm kinda tight and prefer best bang for the buck as you already noticed. I don't like getting ripped off buying overinflated overpriced Binoculars due to corporate greed based on sheer profits. Especially anything made in CHINA. Especially the Chinese NIKON Monarch M7 is the absolute worst rip off Chinese Binoculars IMHO. Try doing a side by side with the dirt cheap Chinese ScoopX UHDs and see what I mean.

Also Vortex aren't known to have the best glass either especially for the prices they charge so buy them only when they go on sale for half price or used for at least half price. The last Vortex I bought was a Viper HD 10x50 made in China it's almost as clear as the ScoopX UHDs but cost significantly more even when buying used and in fact has noticeable chromatic aberration while the ScoopX UHDs have very minimal to none. If I didn't akrey have the ScoopX UHDs to compare the Vipers to then I would probably think they are actually great. They may appear to be very good to most people if they haven't actually looked through as many different Binoculars as I already have that are way cheaper.

Last edited:

Tahoe1305

WKR
From someone who has compared a ton of binos/spotters (maybe up to 20-30 now outdoors for many hours).

Just because something appears as good doesn’t mean it is. By no means are any alpha binos 5-10x “better” than a $300-500 pair of binos. You get very “little” for the extra thousands.

BUT the color pop, edge to edge clarity, refined function and coating are “worth” it to some. NL pures and any swaro are very likely better than Japan made Burris. To some the extra cost isn’t worth it. To some with their hunting frequency and expenditures having $3k+ binos for those 2 days a year makes no sense.

I have no doubt these Japan made binos for $2-300 are great for the price and I hope the OPs post gets folks a great set of binos. Maybe even better than maven/leupold/etc $600 binos. But there will be differences to those who spend substantial time behind them and alpha. Again “worth” it is in the eyes of the beholder.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
From someone who has compared a ton of binos/spotters (maybe up to 20-30 now outdoors for many hours).

Just because something appears as good doesn’t mean it is. By no means are any alpha binos 5-10x “better” than a $300-500 pair of binos. You get very “little” for the extra thousands.

BUT the color pop, edge to edge clarity, refined function and coating are “worth” it to some. NL pures and any swaro are very likely better than Japan made Burris. To some the extra cost isn’t worth it. To some with their hunting frequency and expenditures having $3k+ binos for those 2 days a year makes no sense.

I have no doubt these Japan made binos for $2-300 are great for the price and I hope the OPs post gets folks a great set of binos. Maybe even better than maven/leupold/etc $600 binos. But there will be differences to those who spend substantial time behind them and alpha. Again “worth” it is in the eyes of the beholder.
They're sharper than my Maven B3 and Leupold BX4 and BX3 all made in Japan.

I wouldn't recommend paying $499.99 typical street price for them though. For $500 you're way better off buying a used SIG Zulu 9 instead or a Kowa Genesis Prominar XD 8x33 or 10x33 with fluorite glass I seen sell for $450 used on Rokslide classifieds. Now those are damn killer Binoculars. Way better deals on used SIG Zulu 9s compared to the Maven counterparts and supposedly superior to the Vortex Razor UHDs without the bluish grey tinted glass in the Vortex.

I currently await some Burris Signature HDs in 10x42s and 15x56s to test and compare to my other personal favorite Binoculars. In 15s, I have Vortex Vulture HDs and two Leupold BX5 Santiams and several Bushnell Powerview older Filipino ones and current new Chinese ones in 16s. Don't laugh they're at least sorta at least adequate when glassing out to 200 yards and killer out to 100 yards and in for $60 if you shop smart. However beware sample variance galore just keep returning them till you get one of the good ones or order five just to compare and return four and keep the clearest one.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, I demo'd the 12x50s in November of last year. Made in China.
We're they the tan ones or the green ones?

Somebody take one for the team and order a 12x50 to see. I'm actually waiting for the 12s to drop lower hopefully at least down to the $260 price point maybe at least down to $300 since the 10s were hovering at $233 then went down to $210 for half a day.

MTHokie

Lil-Rokslider
We're they the tan ones or the green ones?

Somebody take one for the team and order a 12x50 to see. I'm actually waiting for the 12s to drop lower hopefully at least down to the $260 price point maybe at least form to $300 since the 10s went down to $210.
Yeah mine were the tan ones.

GARLICSALT

Lil-Rokslider
I have OCD in testing everything to see which is better that's what my "off" nature really is TBH. Buying multiples of everything including guns in the same caliber just to see which barrel is most accurate is also what I used to do before the ammo shortage then put the so-so guns on consignment at the local gun shop. Most people seem to not even care if their guns shoot sub 1/4 MOA or over 1/2 MOA. I even bought a world record holder super accurate rifle one holer all day long. Then bought 5 more off the shelf same caliber same action even tried a lot of different barrels to try to duplicate it and could not. I even ended up buying 40 (FOURTY) barrel blanks and gave up.
Bruh, OCD would be an understatement

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Tan ones are the old ones they were pre 2023 updated green models which these green ones selling on Amazon actually are.

he_lives

FNG
Is this a common scam or promotion thing?

I’m not sure what to make of it either. The presentation of the original struck me (and it seems others) as odd, and the various follow up responses solidified that thought. It’s unusual that there is a product like this that doesn’t have a single review on Amazon, or anywhere that I can find. Maybe they’re so new that they haven’t been reviewed yet?

I did buy both the 8x and 10x to check out and they seem just fine. It’s a good price for Japan made glass from an established company.

I don’t know your budget, but if you got them at the sale price, you likely won’t do better for the price.

Maverick1

WKR
As you purchase multiples of everything and self-identify as OCD: Please explain your testing and selection process in detail, highlighting the six sigmas processes and steps you take to avoid tolerance stacking when selecting rifles and scopes.

MTHokie

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not sure what to make of it either. The presentation of the original struck me (and it seems others) as odd, and the various follow up responses solidified that thought. It’s unusual that there is a product like this that doesn’t have a single review on Amazon, or anywhere that I can find. Maybe they’re so new that they haven’t been reviewed yet?

I did buy both the 8x and 10x to check out and they seem just fine. It’s a good price for Japan made glass from an established company.

I don’t know your budget, but if you got them at the sale price, you likely won’t do better for the price.
I agree the whole thing is strange.

OP
H

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
As you purchase multiples of everything and self-identify as OCD: Please explain your testing and selection process in detail, highlighting the six sigmas processes and steps you take to avoid tolerance stacking when selecting rifles and scopes.
Nothing technical just use my own two eyes and look at fine print on signs, newspaper and business cards and an eye chart at 150 and 200 yards use a zoom camera adaptor to magnify to see which has least distortion and chromatic aberration applies to rifle scopes too but at 500 and 800 and 1000 yards instead.

I also have a second option by using a different set of human eyes from another binoculars affectionado who's speciality is actually noticing slightly off collimation issues that I can't detect.

Rifles on a solid vise with a ridiculous amount of different hand loads I know I know I know it's cheating yeah yeah yeah but that's how I do it.

I don't usually keep all the duplicates either typically return the duplicates for refund or sell them for what I paid.