Any help on Hyke and Byke tents? Budget tents?

CJ19

WKR
I need to pick up a second tent on a somewhat tight budget for a hunt this fall. I know some folks like Hyke and Byke sleeping bags, but have not seen any comment on their tents. Does anyone have experience with them and care to share?

I need a tent my partner can pack in 4-5 miles back. I have a copper spur UL2 but that is more dough than he has to spend at the moment. Something 5 lbs or under should do the trick. Not sure if its possible to come in under 100$. Right now he claims he is going to take a 12 pound walmart tent into the mountains.

Last edited:
I’m not familiar with Hyke and Byke stuff but I purchased an Alps Mtneering tent for my son to use on multi day Kayak fishing trips. It’s the Lynx 2 tent. Came in about 5# and close to $100 if I remover right. It’s 50”x88” so it could be used as a true 2man tent if needed. Another buddy has the Lynx 1 man tent and it’s obviously a little lighter. Seems well built and easy to use/assemble. The floor is heavy enough you can avoid a footprint. At the time, Austin Kayak has the best price and offered a percentage off the top of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kelty salida 2. under $100. right at 4 pounds. plenty of room for one. super simple to set up. freestanding.

Bryanboss429

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 2p Hyke and Byke tent. Used it for summer car camping. Quality is great. Let me know if you want it. Ill let it go for $75. Don't use it much as I am upgrading to an Oware Duplas tent to use for scouting and hiking and it fits the bill for car camping too.