Any Turnpike Troubadours fans here?

KHNC

WKR
I really like The Bird Hunter, Good Lord Lorrie and Long Hot Summer Day. THose are the standouts, but im sure I like others too that I dont recall the names. Great band.

One of the best, my go to is before the devil knows we’re dead.

I do agree the new albums blow though sadly but they mainly play their older stuff when I’ve been!

KHNC

WKR
Listening to the new album now for the first time. It definitely is not up to par with Diamonds & Gasoline.

I've been a fan for a long time. They actually played the fair here on Saturday, which was a rare, good concert for us to have up here (I couldn't make it because of company in town). Both theirs and Zach Bryans album were available at about 8 PM here last night and I was up working late in the garage jamming to both. TT's album was a pretty big disappointment. Zach Bryan's had a handful of bangers on it though.

t_carlson

WKR
Apparently getting sober kills something in a musician.

I really like the old stuff but the newer isn't up my ally. Same with Tyler Childers.

Add Ryan Bingham's first three albums to the list (four if you count Wishbone Saloon).

I've been a fan for a long time. They actually played the fair here on Saturday, which was a rare, good concert for us to have up here (I couldn't make it because of company in town). Both theirs and Zach Bryans album were available at about 8 PM here last night and I was up working late in the garage jamming to both. TT's album was a pretty big disappointment. Zach Bryan's had a handful of bangers on it though.

Zach Bryan has taken over the #1 songwriter spot from Evan Felker, IMO.

I saw them last night. They’re still good but not what they used to be. It’s not like the old days when they started with Doreen or The Mercury to really get the crowd going.

It seemed to me like there was much less energy and entertainment and just to point music. Reminded me of an Alan Jackson concert. Not bad but certainly different.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
It seemed to me like there was much less energy and entertainment and just to point music.

It's not the same since Evan got off the slopes. I partied(around) them one night in Steamboat Springs at Musicfest. That guy was on a different level.

I love Turnpike. Been seeing them since they were an opening act for weeknight shows at Mercury. Have the Bossier City album we bought from them out of a suitcase.

They were such a fun band to see. Plus, living in Tulsa they sang about places I knew. Hundreds of shows at Cain's. Same at Mercury. Afternoons there with them. I know Lorrie. I've followed Pointers down the logging roads at Three Rivers (also, look up "Three Rivers Song" on YouTube if you don't have their first album.)

Evan has long had a drinking problem, and he's insufferable when he's drunk. I'm glad he got sober.

And he got sober in East and South Texas, my home. So I enjoyed a lot of references and lines on the new album. But didn't really like it as a whole. Just felt flat and boring. Same way I felt about their BOK show. Just going through the motions, lacking the enthusiasm.

Jason Isbell and BJ Barham got sober and are making better music than ever. So far it doesn't seem true for Evan.

Side note, I've long half jokingly said that Evan is at best the 4th best musician from Turnpike.

Big fan here, seen them live and them boys can jam out when they get going. I'm streaming the new album as I type this, not sure it's up to snuff but I haven't heard it all yet.

I would never name names, but a member here once cock blocked the TT boys in Lawrence, KS. Had to been about 2010.

Isbell did the DBT's a favor when he left. They should be Patterson Hood 99% of the time.

Tx_300wsm

FNG
I’ve been listening to them since Diamonds and Gasoline came out. Seen them a few times, best concert of my life was when they played New Year’s Eve at Caine’s back in 17 or 18. Listening to the new album now.

Kansas City Southern is one of my favorite songs of all time. Saw them in April in Tulsa as well. Not sure how they used to perform but I was entertained. Agreed that the new stuff isn't on par with the old, but it's still better than a lot of country music out there now. I like Mean Old Sun.