Anyone +P'd a 7PRC?

Nbowlin

Lil-Rokslider
this thread is beginning to go off the rails as most do- let’s get back to real hard data on the 7PRC+P
Its your rifle. The improvement will allow more speed relative to pressure. Its up to you if you want to take the small down side to gains. If you are going to shoot 400 rounds a weekend through it......bad idea. If you are going to use it as a hunting rifle as most hunting rifles are used.......the juice is worth the squeeze.

H1000 works well just doesn't give the speed most customers are wanting. We live in a cake and eat it world anymore. Ive run H1000, H4831sc, Retumbo, N560, N565 and N570 in the 7prc. In all that and all that Ive done I was just saying 560 was a walk off as far as consistently giving accuraccy and the upper end of speed. Some customers dont N series powders, only have a certain kind at home for later, or some rifles are finicky wenches and like weird stuff.
Only reason I ask is I have a fair bit of h1k, it's the easy button for a lot of magnums. Was hoping it would give decent velocity but if 560 is better then maybe I'll have to try and get some.
I'm wanting a standard 7prc, not +p and not wanting to step on it too hard.
Just a mild easy load with 162 or 180 eldm and effective killing to 1k yds ish

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Nbowlin

Lil-Rokslider
Only reason I ask is I have a fair bit of h1k, it's the easy button for a lot of magnums. Was hoping it would give decent velocity but if 560 is better then maybe I'll have to try and get some.
I'm wanting a standard 7prc, not +p and not wanting to step on it too hard.
Just a mild easy load with 162 or 180 eldm and effective killing to 1k yds ish

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Not saying its better. Just saying it treated me consistently well. If I had a pile of H1000 I would let 40-60fps go and run it. Another click here or there on thee ole turret isnt going to ruin anything. Feed it H1000 and go at it!

Not saying its better. Just saying it treated me consistently well. If I had a pile of H1000 I would let 40-60fps go and run it. Another click here or there on thee ole turret isnt going to ruin anything. Feed it H1000 and go at it!
I agree. I don't have a PRC but I've been loading for a 7 RM with 180's for many years now. H1000 has treated me really well, very consistent performance but not quite the speed of VV powders.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I love those who have never owned a +Ped rifle telling people it's a barrel burner... 99% of those people have never burned down a barrel in their life...

FUDDS are funny!