Anyone recognize this inflatable rifle case?

OP
M
I bought this at the Alaska Sportsman's Show and assumed that I'd be able to find another elsewhere. Neither Google nor Duck Duck Go will conjure so much as a hint. Starting to think it's a glitch in the Matrix. Maybe it slipped through from another dimension?

If anyone knows anything please chime in. It's an interesting and seemingly good quality piece of kit. Bought it for packraft hunting and still unsure how it will work out but optimistic.

MooreAK

FNG
Classified Approved
Sagebrush Dry gear makes a very similar one. I don’t think it’s inflatable but they look to be very high quality.

OP
M
Sagebrush Dry gear makes a very similar one. I don’t think it’s inflatable but they look to be very high quality.
Yeah I looked at the offerings from Sagebrush and Nomar. Sagebrush stuff was more appealing to me but also more expensive. This inflatable one has some unique advantages over both. Being able to roll it up to stow in backpack is huge.

That is sweet, but am I seeing that right, $289? Did you just get that at the GASS earlier this month? Also, can you remember what booth you picked it up at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
M
Yeah it was supposedly $289 originally but I was at the show in the last couple of hours before closing and they had it marked down to $165. After some bullshitting with the sales guy he offered it for $125 so I grabbed it. LFS Marine was the seller.

OP
M
That is sweet, but am I seeing that right, $289? Did you just get that at the GASS earlier this month? Also, can you remember what booth you picked it up at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, bought it from LFS Marine at the GASS show a couple of weeks ago. I was there right before the show closed and it was the last (or maybe only) one. Original price was $289 but it had been marked down to $165. After softening up the sales guy he offered it for $125 and I grabbed it.

Mt Al

WKR
Starting to think it's a glitch in the Matrix. Maybe it slipped through from another dimension?

Definitely, no question. It may have slipped through from a company's prototype shop. Looks well made and well thought out, like in the "before cost accounting told the designers they need to cut features and cost" or "that's cool for all three customers who would buy it" stage.

That is very cool, particularly for packraft hunting. I have an old extended/slightly-over-size roll top rifle slip case. Put the rifle in, make sure there's air inside and start rolling and close it and you have a bunch of air in the case and it floats. But roll tops aren't necessarily air tight and the color is inconveniently faded black.

Love what you found: T-zip for water tight case, with the air bladder on the side for flotation, bright yellow for visibility should the worst happen.

Nice find!

LuvDog

FNG
From my search it looks like these folks may be the manufacturer?? Maybe an email to them can help find the company/distributor

You can see that same logo patch in this ad

OP
M
Definitely, no question. It may have slipped through from a company's prototype shop. Looks well made and well thought out, like in the "before cost accounting told the designers they need to cut features and cost" or "that's cool for all three customers who would buy it" stage.

That is very cool, particularly for packraft hunting. I have an old extended/slightly-over-size roll top rifle slip case. Put the rifle in, make sure there's air inside and start rolling and close it and you have a bunch of air in the case and it floats. But roll tops aren't necessarily air tight and the color is inconveniently faded black.

Love what you found: T-zip for water tight case, with the air bladder on the side for flotation, bright yellow for visibility should the worst happen.

Nice find!
Yeah this thing checks a lot of boxes. I have a cheap roll top type that will hold air for a few hours. This new one hasn't leaked a bit and protects a lot better. Air it up tight and the rifle won't shift within the case at all. Wish it was less bulky but there's gotta be some cons with the pros.

OP
M
From my search it looks like these folks may be the manufacturer?? Maybe an email to them can help find the company/distributor

You can see that same logo patch in this ad
Looks possibly from the same outfit but I'm skeptical. Maybe I'll shoot them an email and see if they'll ping back.

OP
M
I've searched for that exact type of case before, cool to see it actually exists, I want one.
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised at the lack of similar options. Seems like there would be enough demand that someone would fill the niche. Maybe you and I are just freaks.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That is cool. I’ve never seen on in an LFS shop though I may have to look when they open up for the commercial fishing season.

I just have a nomar which is actually pretty nice.

buzzy

WKR
Get ahold of the vendor who organized the show. They will have a list of vendors that and a map of their locations. Maybe you can then remember where you were when you bought it and give them a call.

LuvDog

FNG
Have you called LFS Marine to see if they have any more? maybe I missed if you had or not