Non-foam Pelican Case Insert???

mthayr

WKR
I know I've seen it, but I can't find it for the life of me (guess my Google-fu is weak). I'm looking for a company that makes an inflatable insert for Pelican cases (IIRC its only for 1700 and 1750 cases). Idea is that you put the insert in, then your firearm, and then pump up the bag and it inflates around the gun. Infinitely readjustable. Has anyone come across this and could possibly point me in the right direction?

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
This will also go perfect in the Harbor Freight Apache cases as well. I also didn't know I needed this.

I think I am going to try and make my own with pvc pipe and pool noodles. Guessing I can do it for around $20

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
Yup - any chance you've have one and could provide some feedback on it?
Given the price, I’d sure like to hear from someone who has tried one of these before buying. I have had the same Pelican1750 for 20 years and have several sets of foam for it. This looks like a great solution.

Exact same concept we use in the operating room to position and hold patients in a lateral position for surgery. I liked the idea, however based off of the videos, to me at least, I feel there is too much media in the bag which would prevent a deeper snugger fit of the objects you are trying to secure. If there is a way to add or subtract media that would remedy that situation. Only other thing to consider is how does the weight compare to foam, and now you are committed to packing that pump and a patch kit with you on all trips.....just in case.

I got rid of all of my hard cases but one, bought multiple foam inserts and cut each one to my rifles. Saves a lot of room and money to only have to store one case and a box of 4 foam inserts.

Last edited:
After watching the video the only concern i might see, is once you have set your items and pulled vaccum on media bag it become rigid...so unlike a foam insert it would be more likely to tranfer hard impacts to the case to your stored items. Foam inserts would absorb more impact away from stored item I would think.