Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one deserves a big buck for their first deer. By the way, here is my daughter's first buck. What a monster!

Hypocrite
4e639807eee01ad9bfc78ac1b9d19291.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
He REALLY said was "he doesnt believe that your kids first deer should be a monster."

Just another influencer douche.
Straight from his bio on OutdoorLife:
"Education: Von Benedikt is still attending The School Of Hard Knocks, with a bachelor’s degree in Woodsmanship and several minors including Shooting, Elk Calling, Craftsmanship, and Homesteading"

Well yeah, but you stop and use your hand or a tourniquet to stop the bleeding. If an animal does it they’ll usually go to sleep and never wake up.

The main issue and difference between a human and an animal is if you push an animal that’s gut shot, there’s a very good chance you’ll lose the blood trail at some point and the animal. That animal can cover a mile in the blink of an eye when pushed. It’s a stupid thing to do and a stupider thing to say out loud.
I just took a bow hunters safety course (it is required for a hunt I’m about to go on) one of the sections talked about wait times before perusing. One of the scenarios said push the deer to make it bleed.

Honestly this story could have been better if it was the usual Utah deer hunting scene. Usually each group would have 5-8 guys spotting for one hunter, dressed top to bottom in the most expensive camo all matching. Flat bill hush hats clean and sparking with a pair of bedazzled jeans in the truck to change into for the pictures later. Shots ring out and then the dugouts empty into a brawl over a dead buck.

"Education: Von Benedikt is still attending The School Of Hard Knocks, with a bachelor’s degree in Woodsmanship and several minors including Shooting, Elk Calling, Craftsmanship, and Homesteading"
You forgot, "glassing and stalking mule deer, and tracking big game." Without him, they would've never recovered that animal, good thing he was there for his 700+ followers....

I believe liver hits are where some people say to push the animal, or at least I have heard that. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that it's something some people say.

Is it common practice to camp out on top of each other in Utah ?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I believe liver hits are where some people say to push the animal, or at least I have heard that. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that it's something some people say.
I think they said if you catch an artery in the leg follow it to make it bleed. Liver shots require you leave it alone.

edit to be honest I have never heard to push a deer after the shot until I was just forced to take the bow hunter safety course to hunt federal land. Weird because I am way older than required to have to take HS course for all the out of state hunts I apply for

Last edited:
You forgot, "glassing and stalking mule deer, and tracking big game." Without him, they would've never recovered that animal, good thing he was there for his 700+ followers....
Don't forget, this guy has killed a world record class elk with a primitive weapon, so he's gotta be legit. :rolleyes:

Good night! 🤦‍♂️

Honestly this story could have been better if it was the usual Utah deer hunting scene. Usually each group would have 5-8 guys spotting for one hunter, dressed top to bottom in the most expensive camo all matching. Flat bill hush hats clean and sparking with a pair of bedazzled jeans in the truck to change into for the pictures later. Shots ring out and then the dugouts empty into a brawl over a dead buck.
As a Utahan, I can tell you this is simply not true. You are so off its not even funny.

5-8 guys? This isnt some two point, this was a big deer. You gotta have 5-8 guys on every ridge for six square miles. Just flat bills? No, you have to tuck your ears in, if not, the deer will see them. Pickups? No, you use your 80,000 dollar pickup, to pull your 100,000 dollar toyhauler, with your 40,000 dollar RZR to the camping spot, then you take your 7,000 dollar Ebike hunting.

Do you think the 5-8 bedazzled flatties from either side have it in them to fight?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back