Archery only public?

Has anyone observed more pressure on archery only public lands during archery season vs public lands that allow muzzleloader/gun hunts during the archery season. I ask this because I hunted out of state and the WMA’s that weren’t archery only seemed less pressured at this time than the archery only WMA.

I need to clarify that I hunted both types of WMAs during Archery and those that allowed all types were less pressured

Yeah more folks following The Hunting Public’s advice
My thought process was that bow only areas would receive less pressure therefore a better opportunity at a good buck. But there is also the thought process that firearms areas are overlooked during bow season. Im just trying to get a plan together for next year. Any thoughts?

I’ve noticed that everyone thinks it has a lot of pressure but in reality no one is hunting.

Because I slept in my truck I was able to watch where most other hunters were going or coming from and use this info to scout areas or transitions that were on the opposite side. I hunted a lake area that had a block of timber that ran to the shore line. Most hunters would access low and walk around the shore line and enter the woods even though the predominant wind would blow their scent in the woods. So I found a gas line clearing on the other side of timber and scouted hoping they would push deer my way. Luckily the gas line ran the top of the ridge and I was able to set up where my thermals would fall in mornings and late evenings on the opposite side of the ridge.

Because I slept in my truck I was able to watch where most other hunters were going or coming from and use this info to scout areas or transitions that were on the opposite side. I hunted a lake area that had a block of timber that ran to the shore line. Most hunters would access low and walk around the shore line and enter the woods even though the predominant wind would blow their scent in the woods. So I found a gas line clearing on the other side of timber and scouted hoping they would push deer my way. Luckily the gas line ran the top of the ridge and I was able to set up where my thermals would fall in mornings and late evenings on the opposite side of the ridge.

And that my friend is the difference between hunting and bowhiking.

I will be honest the plan worked. I got a shot at the largest deer I’ve ever drawn a bow on. But I also found out that I need to work on my shot at those in between yardages while under pressure. It was an emotional roller coaster. But all is well, lesson learned.

Has anyone observed more pressure on archery only public lands during archery season vs public lands that allow muzzleloader/gun hunts during the archery season. I ask this because I hunted out of state and the WMA’s that weren’t archery only seemed less pressured at this time than the archery only WMA.
I have noticed more, especially crossbow hunters. Seems like everyone is picking up a crossbow to get out during archery season now.

Back