Are the New Mexico hunt codes messed up?

That's what I did too. If thats the case I feel like there will be some folks getting private land tags by accident

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I'm really curious why they don't have some of those hunts listed in the regs. If you accidentally select the wrong one on your application the text that says "private land only" is really small so I can definitely see people making that mistake.

OP
Dos Perros
There is a part of the app where you are forced to assert you have access to private. Check the box thing. Pretty sure.

I got confused as well I think they did change some of the hunt codes this year but when applying it all made sense as they have the unit numbers and season dates lining up with the actual unit so you can double check it is the right one. Maybe this is the year..

fmyth

WKR
So what's this I hear about the deadline delay in new mexico for there draw

2023-2024 Big Game Draw Deadline Extended​

The deadline for the 2023-2024 Big Game Draw has been extended by 24 hours until 5 p.m. Thursday, March 23 due to state network issues. The deadline for submitting late 2022-2023 harvest reports for deer, elk, pronghorn and turkey has also been extended until 5 p.m. Thursday, March 23.

All other deadlines remain unchanged.

The department's Information Center will be accepting draw applications over the phone at 888-248-6866 from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on March 23. In-person applications will be accepted at the department's offices and online applications will be accepted through the department's website until 5 p.m.

OP
Dos Perros
Is "state network issues" a face saving way of describing what happened? I couldn't find any news mention of state wide internet issues in New Mexico.

Ehiggins

WKR
Is "state network issues" a face saving way of describing what happened? I couldn't find any news mention of state wide internet issues in New Mexico.

“State network issues” = application numbers were lower than expected so they extended the deadline to make a few extra dollars.

Could also be what [mention]Jethro [/mention] said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Dos Perros
I heard somebody was applying last minute using last years hunt codes and it crashed the system. Don’t know if it’s true.

How would one even use last year's codes? I chose through a drop down menu, did not input my own codes.

They were all clear when I put in my draws earlier in the month. You can see multiple codes in one area, one is private only and the other is the public tag. In checkout, this becomes clear as there will be a note telling you that you selected private land only right below the hunt code selected.

They were all clear when I put in my draws earlier in the month. You can see multiple codes in one area, one is private only and the other is the public tag. In checkout, this becomes clear as there will be a note telling you that you selected private land only right below the hunt code selected.

Here is an example of the hunt codes that aren't listed in the regs with the rest of the hunt codes. DER-1-116 is not in the regs, but is available during the application process. Without actually selecting it as your hunt choice you would have no idea that it's private land only and it looks identical to DER-1-115 at first glance. Once selecting it, the text that says "private land only" is really small so that would be an easy mistake.

Screenshot_20230322-093006~2.png

Screenshot_20230324-075550.png

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
I don't really mind that some things are confusing. If folk mess up I feel bad for them but hopefully my odds are a fraction better. Hunting application Darwinism.

Good Luck Everyone! I look forward to everyone's backdoor theories in a few weeks!

I don't really mind that some things are confusing. If folk mess up I feel bad for them but hopefully my odds are a fraction better. Hunting application Darwinism.

Good Luck Everyone! I look forward to everyone's backdoor theories in a few weeks!

I see what you are saying, it doesn't need to be too easy. At a minimum though I expect all of the hunt codes to be in a State's own regulations.