Aron and Tripple's Washington bear hunt

Scoot

WKR
Nice work Aron!!!

One question- in one of your last photos posted it looks like Cody is both using trekking poles and packing trekking poles in his pack. I assume he's holding onto your trekking poles and he didn't haul in two sets of trekking poles, right? Might be a dumb question, but maybe I'm missing something...

Don't know if you got that second bear but I'm headed your way tonight and will start up the trail at about 3am unless I hear different. Bringing a big ass backpack and a magnum of ibuprofen.

Matt

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Make sure you get the head out of the hide... they don't last very long with that pumpkin in there - holds a lot of heat. Don't want it going green on ya. I'm speaking from a close call I had a few years back. Saved the hide, but it was close and I had it on ice, just didn't cape the head completely out. Won't cut it that close again.

Nice job buddy!

Coop

Missed your friggin call but got the message. See you at the campsite. Will leave trailhead at 2am. I want a 24oz steak.

littlebuf

Banned
Missed your friggin call but got the message. See you at the campsite. Will leave trailhead at 2am. I want a 24oz steak.

There's a road closer over here that wasn't very well advertised. There replacing a bridge on a pretty popular one way in road. Don't know if it's where your going. You can pm me if you like mi was up the today and it was still closed. They just closed it yesterday and said any one past the bridge was in there until there done supposed to be done tonight...

Rocky

WKR
Make sure you get the head out of the hide... they don't last very long with that pumpkin in there - holds a lot of heat. Don't want it going green on ya. I'm speaking from a close call I had a few years back. Saved the hide, but it was close and I had it on ice, just didn't cape the head completely out. Won't cut it that close again.

Nice job buddy!

Coop

If you prop the mouth open it will allow more heat to escape

There's a road closer over here that wasn't very well advertised. There replacing a bridge on a pretty popular one way in road. Don't know if it's where your going. You can pm me if you like mi was up the today and it was still closed. They just closed it yesterday and said any one past the bridge was in there until there done supposed to be done tonight...

Funny, I was on the other side of that bridge, they didn't open it again until 630pm

armyjoe

Super Moderator
UPDATE!! Just got an update from Aron on the hunt.

Didn't shoot the bear on second stalk. Turned out to be too small.

Aron's bear - finally packed to base camp at nine last night. On the way to base camp they passed up one more bear.

Rained hard the entire pack out, building white man fire now and heading to truck in couple hours

Aron took a fifty foot slide on pack out yesterday and SAT phone is messed up

Last edited: