ATLAS Cooler & Tumbler June 2016 Group Buy-- Customer Feedback

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
Not to kick a dead horse again, but yesterday I received final confirmation on my credit card refund from the Atlas Cooler deal. I started that process in mid-December and received a temporary reimbursment within 30 days. Now it's final. Apparently, Atlas never responded to the CC company's inquiries so we had to wait the entire dispute timeframe. Just a FYI for anyone else is in similar process.

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
I'm glad some of you are having success getting you're money back because I'm not. My bank has told me I'm pretty much out about $1300. I sure hope everyone is filing reports with the BBB, Texas attorney general's office, and the FTC. I doubt it will make much difference but I'm good with anything that makes this guy's life difficult. It takes about 10-15 minutes to file a fraud or complaint so I encourage everyone to do it.
I have a friend who lives near there that was going to pay his restaurant a visit for me but it looks like it's closed also. The Atlas website wasn't up last time I checked either, but I did see where he has posted on his LinkedIn recently about his tumblers. What I wouldn't give to live close enough to go have a "talk" with him.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

colonel00

WKR
I'm glad some of you are having success getting you're money back because I'm not. My bank has told me I'm pretty much out about $1300. I sure hope everyone is filing reports with the BBB, Texas attorney general's office, and the FTC. I doubt it will make much difference but I'm good with anything that makes this guy's life difficult. It takes about 10-15 minutes to file a fraud or complaint so I encourage everyone to do it.
I have a friend who lives near there that was going to pay his restaurant a visit for me but it looks like it's closed also. The Atlas website wasn't up last time I checked either, but I did see where he has posted on his LinkedIn recently about his tumblers. What I wouldn't give to live close enough to go have a "talk" with him.

I thought they were offering refunds. I'd file a small claims suit if I was out that much.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR

I would get a new bank!

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
I would get a new bank!
I've seriously considered switching banks over this but that's still not going to get any of my money back. I've been with this bank for over 20 years. When I first started the claim they said that I had to wait a while because they couldn't do a charge back before a certain time. When I tried to start the claim again later they told me it was to late and they couldn't do a charge back through Star. The woman I originally talked to basically screwed me by giving me wrong information. I've learned to always use a credit card and never a debit card on any transaction you are at all sceptical about because they fall under different federal laws.

dotman

WKR
I've seriously considered switching banks over this but that's still not going to get any of my money back. I've been with this bank for over 20 years. When I first started the claim they said that I had to wait a while because they couldn't do a charge back before a certain time. When I tried to start the claim again later they told me it was to late and they couldn't do a charge back through Star. The woman I originally talked to basically screwed me by giving me wrong information. I've learned to always use a credit card and never a debit card on any transaction you are at all sceptical about because they fall under different federal laws.

I use a credit card for everything, just pay it off each month and it's no different then a debit card but can build points and adds much better safeguards. Sucks this happened.

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
I thought they were offering refunds. I'd file a small claims suit if I was out that much.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
They verbally offered me a refund when I had email them but said I had to cancel my order through the website. When I went to the website after that it was down. When it came back up it would no longer recognize my order number. Since then they haven't responded to any correspondence either by phone or email.
I will be contacting an attorney in the near future but I'm not sure if it's even worth messing with for that dollar amount. If anyone else has been unable to recover their money I'd be interested in talking to an attorney in a group suit.

Good to see the coop failed. Our group buy helped fund its opening I'm sure of it. Karma is a bitch.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

They verbally offered me a refund when I had email them but said I had to cancel my order through the website. When I went to the website after that it was down. When it came back up it would no longer recognize my order number. Since then they haven't responded to any correspondence either by phone or email.
I will be contacting an attorney in the near future but I'm not sure if it's even worth messing with for that dollar amount. If anyone else has been unable to recover their money I'd be interested in talking to an attorney in a group suit.

Small claims. You don't need an attorney just go in yourself and present the documentation you have. More than likely they won't even show up to defend themselves and you will get a default judgement.

Hucker

Lil-Rokslider
USAA sent me a letter this week letting me know they are attempting to contact this guy. Said they will have a resolution in 60 days. So, they gave me a temporary refund pending the results of the "investigation."

Sky1926

FNG
USAA sent me a letter this week letting me know they are attempting to contact this guy. Said they will have a resolution in 60 days. So, they gave me a temporary refund pending the results of the "investigation."

Took me like a week after that..USAA was fast for me, no issues getting it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk