Average price for a goat hunt? State closest to N. Carolina?

Whats the average cost of a Mountain Goat hunt and how far will i have to go west to get to a viable hunting area?

Got a wild hair that I hadn't had in a while last week and looked for AK/Canada guide prices. Looked like basically i'd be in the cost neighborhood of my 2019 guided dall sheep hunt to do a mountain goat hunt now. Didnt look at many but lowest price I saw was $14.5k for a kodiak hunt..

Hunts can be found for 12k in BC. They are expensive but well worth it. It's a hunt everyone should experience. The scenery is spectacular. I booked my goat hunt when I was 24 years old for a hunt 3 years out working a very blue collar job. Set up a seperate account and transfer miney each month. You will find a way to pay for it. Book a hunt and work your but off to pay for it. They price will probably be double in 10 years.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

IDVortex

WKR
You'll want to probably go to BC, I'm in the early stages of finding a outfitter but going to BC. I'm happy with not a record book cheap so that's why I've chosen BC (South East BC.) But I'm also only about 5 hour drive from most outfitters.

Depending on area and trophy size of animal your typical starting price is about 12k, if you spend around 18k and up your hunting more northern BC or the Yukon, but much better trophy quality goats.

Goal is to work on saving up the down payment this year and schedule with a outfitter next year for maybe a 26 or 27 hunt.

IDVortex

WKR
Got a wild hair that I hadn't had in a while last week and looked for AK/Canada guide prices. Looked like basically i'd be in the cost neighborhood of my 2019 guided dall sheep hunt to do a mountain goat hunt now. Didnt look at many but lowest price I saw was $14.5k for a kodiak hunt..
Yeah.... I wish I had done a dall sheep hunt about 8 years ago when I was still single, no bills and made decent money. Maybe one day.

buffybr

FNG
I'm very lucky to have shot my goat in Montana back in 1978 when it only cost me a $25 tag and a tank of gas for my Pickup. I've unsuccessfully applied for another tag here every year since then (45 years!).

Canada and Alaska require nonresidents to have a guide for goat hunts. Goat hunt prices that I've seen usually start at $12-14K.

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
Apply for the draw in the lower 48 for a chance. Moose, sheep and goat tags are difficult to draw. But, someone has to draw them.
Your best bet is to look into an ALASKA boat hunt trip for a good hunt. YES, it can be expensive. But, I have it on good information that “ There are no ATM machines in hell”.
If you desire a mountain goat hunt and decide to go for it make sure you are in your best condition. Most goat hunts are mountain climbing with a pack and a rifle on your back. Good luck! MTG

Attachments

• IMG_1404.jpeg
    IMG_1404.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 25