Axcel Armortech Replacement

Will_m

WKR
I see they don’t make this sight anymore, which makes sense because I really liked it.

Anyway, finally broke a pin doing dumb shit and need to replace it. Customer service at axcel hasn’t responded and I can’t any on eBay.

So, anybody have a recommendation for a replacement sight? I really liked the way this sight was set up and I absolutely despise exposed fiber optics.

Did you call customer service or email?

They are terrible with email. If you didn't call, I would.

You might get along fine with the newer version of the Armortech. Pins aren't the same, but still well protected.

Both Spot Hogg and Option Archery have guarded pins, but I don't know of anyone who is sleeving pins in a fixed sight the same way the older Armortech pins were.

I think the Rheotech is the most similar. I have an older Armortech i'll sell you if you are interested. 7 pin .010 pins. I switched to a Landslyde this year. I think you can get a 5 pin housing for it. All the good stuff for the Armortech and on a slider.

OP
W

Will_m

WKR
Did you call customer service or email?

They are terrible with email. If you didn't call, I would.

You might get along fine with the newer version of the Armortech. Pins aren't the same, but still well protected.

Both Spot Hogg and Option Archery have guarded pins, but I don't know of anyone who is sleeving pins in a fixed sight the same way the older Armortech pins were.
I emailed but I’ll give them a call. Worth a shot I suppose.

OP
W

Will_m

WKR
Thanks for the offers on selling, but I guess if I’m going to drop that kind of coin I may as well go the distance and get a sight currently in production. For whatever reason, it seems like every sight I’ve ever had with exposed fiber optics ends up with broken fiber optics.

Remember the spot Hogg barebones? Sight was built like a tank except for the exposed fibers. Broke every one. Pins were solid though.