Backcountry sleeping bag?

Looking for a decent sleeping bag for a little backcountry hunting this year. I have to buy 2 of everything because it's my boy and I , and hopefuley I can find a couple that won't break the bank? Early season hunting September so 30 degrees is usually the low, looking for some insight thanks.

Wright406

WKR
I have a Klymit 20deg bag that’s great for the money! Under 3lbs and compresses small yet the down gets nice and fluffy. I’m looking to offload it if interested.

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
OP
C

LandYacht

WKR
Be really tough to beat the Kelty Cosmic for price/value if you are looking for new down bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aegismax, Hyke and Byke (on Amazon), and Kelty cosmic down are all cheep down options that get mostly good reviews on backpacking forums for an on weight/warmth ratio. I just upgraded from a north face cats meow which is great for what it is, a roomy 20 degree synthetic that weighs just over 3lb and compresses to the size of a volley ball($130ish), to a feathered friends sub 2lb 20 degree. If you can find a good deal like I did on a used quality down bag I would recommend it for backcountry stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Camofire had big Agnes 15 degree down bag for 250 the other day they may have more. Seems like one of the better deals I’ve seen

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Took a kelty cosmic 40 to idaho spring bear and was super impressed with it. Lows were in the upper 30's I just slept with a my merino top on. put my puffy on one night but other than that I was warm. If you went with the 20 degree its still cheap and its relatively light for the price. it is down tho so depending on geographical location it might not be best for a rainy state

jayrad313

FNG
check out the sierra designs zissou. ive been running one for 3 years in the 20 degree flavor and love it for the price. treated Down, lightweight, and compresses pretty small.

Olympics777

Lil-Rokslider
The kelty tuck is only 89.99 and it’s pretty fantastic. The kelty cosmic down is good too, if you can get it on sale.