Backcountry tent?

GodSpeed1

Lil-Rokslider
Hi guys,
I am sitting here doing my schoolwork, & got an email from the rok about a nice tarp from argali - Which reminded me, that the Winterial tent I have been using for backcountry hunts works, but is a P.O.S. Last year, I was way back in the woods & a big rain storm hit, I remember barely having enough room to sneak my pack & gear into the tent with me. I was wet & it was not ideal. Plus I remember waking up and the thing was sagging in. I saw that Argali makes a 1 person tent called the Owyhee which seems pretty solid - but I am wondering if there is something you may use for backpack hunts that has worked out goof for you? Thanks!!

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
08e556a4caecd183b9906250d4d47f1d.jpg

Durston X-Mid 1
-Double Door/vestibule
-double trek pole
-clip in nest
-sil poly, won’t sag when wet
-~$250…

absolutely loved it deer/elk seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketRob16

Lil-Rokslider
Absaroka for me. Love it so far. Argali's customer service has been second to none as well. Great quality at a reasonable price.

Tent.jpg

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I've spent time in the following tents. They're all fantastic options depending on what you're end goal is:
  • Big Agnes Copper Spur UL 2 Person
  • Seek Outside Guardian 2 Person with a stove
  • SJK Outpost 4 Tipi
  • Borah Gear Bivy & Solo Tarp (Wouldn't recommend outside of a dry climate. Not much room for gear)
I have an Argali Absaroka I'm planning on taking out this year. Haven't spent any time in it yet, but it seems like it'll do the job extremely well.

BC97

FNG
I’ll add another endorsement for the seek outside guardian. I used it for a backpacking trip in February and it held up to bad wind and snow with ease, plus plenty of space for 2 people with all your stuff. Just get yourself some heavier duty stakes than what it comes with.

Nickels

FNG
Might want to check out Tarptent also. Their Moment DW has been my go to. Very attractive price to weight ratio and the side vestibules are big enough to pull your pack and boots under when storms roll in. Super simple two stake setup. Can pitch it about anywhere due to its size and it bucks the wind well when orientated properly. Been good to me for 8+ years when we don’t take the big tipi and stove.

IMG_0114.jpegIMG_4453.jpeg

308Baer

FNG
I’m enjoying the Absaroka. No major weather events yet, but I’m sure it will hold up.