Baking soda for scent control

I wash my clothes with it and baby scent free/chemical free detergent and store them in a air tight container with a layer of baking soda along the bottom..... people use it to take smells out of their fridges/carpets/etc, it’ll do the same for clothes
Nice...
o.png

Ive always washed my hunting clothing in backing soda , air dry on laundry line and stuff in a duffel with sage . The wind is still the master though.

I used baking soda for years, but the fancy detergents are pretty cheap now so I just use that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don’t have anything to back this up, just an observation and a theory. I think whether or not your detected by an animal has a lot to do with the barometer and humidity. Bare with me a second, but whether the air is light or heavy at a given time. There’s probably a term for that, I have not a clue what it is. But it’s usually cool temps when I’m in a tree stand. And I hunt the front end of a cold front moving in a lot, and rarely I mean rarely get busted on the wind. I do zero scent control products. I hang my clothes outside on the porch when I can. But my thoughts were that I assume the scent coming off of me is generally warm. Somewhere around body temp. And it’s emitting into cooling air. Warm air rises.....so is my scent going up into the air and dispersing way up above them?? I’m not saying that’s happening. Or that it’s even possible, but I tend to believe there may be something to it. I hunt a lot of little pocket thickets and it’s borderline impossible to know which way the deer are moving through there so wind direction doesn’t come into play as much, so I see lots of deer with my wind blowing square in their face that are none the wiser I’m around. As I sit there with a dip in. My largest investment in scent control is a spit bottle. Maybe somebody smarter than me can weigh in on that. I’ve got nothing to back it up. Just what I’ve seen.

Back