Banish backcountry review

As the title says, anyone have an actual review of the banish backcountry yet? I see the few on youtube but they look to be marking videos or SC is a sponsor.

What are you wanting to know? Have the banish 30 and backcountry. Can’t tell a difference to my ears on sound reduction between the two. Being able to take the 30 apart is nice to clean. The shortness of the backcountry is nice. 30 on top and backcountry on bottom
C22EF100-247D-4305-A0DA-FD40C625F88E.jpeg

Nothing specific really. I have just had my eye on one for a while, but hoped someone could give me there input before I pull the trigger.

With adaptor it’s a bit heavier than they advertise - it seems to work well for being a bit shorter and a bit fatter than some of the 5” cans. I’m happy with mine and the form factor. Since you’re considering I’d probably have a hard look at the fat/large dia gunwerks offerings around 6” as well as that scythe ti?

I've seen a few people bashing Silencer Central and the Banish line of suppressors. I don't have much to compare them to, but I have several Banish Backcountry cans and absolutely love them.

Well, there ya go........
Enlighten me. I haven't been around a lot of cans and I took a chance on the Banish. I truly would like to know if there's another brand in the the same length and weight range that is noticeably better.

I've seen a few people bashing Silencer Central and the Banish line of suppressors. I don't have much to compare them to, but I have several Banish Backcountry cans and absolutely love them.
Same here....I have a Banish 30 processing right now. Talked to a few guys before buying it and they have shot A LOT of rounds through A LOT of different suppressors and they said it was the one suppressor they haven't destroyed yet and recommended it.

Seems like a nice option. On paper, it's not as appealing to me as a scythe but more appealing than a TBAC Ultra 5.

Backcountry is great on my 30-06, recoil and noise are pleasantly reduced, and overall length is very reasonable with a 18" barrel. Maybe 22LR loud for comparison, and I can spot my shots at 14x zoom from bench rest sandbags. My initial impression is that this can is optimal with less than about 60gr powder

The backcountry is less effective on my 20" 300 WSM or 21" 300 Win Mag so I'll still wear earplugs when hunting with larger calibers, or just shoot with a brake which better mitigates recoil. Seemed to work a bit better on a friend's 24" barrel WSM... Heavier gun perhaps?

ATF approved my Banish today - hoping to have it in hand within the next couple of weeks and will throw it on the 22 creed and see how it stacks up.

ATF approved my Banish today - hoping to have it in hand within the next couple of weeks and will throw it on the 22 creed and see how it stacks up.

Mine was approved April 23rd. Got an email yesterday from silencer central that they're finally thinking about maybe shipping it, perhaps. But also not directly to me but to their in state FFL.

I'm going silencer shop from this point forward.

Hopefully it still performs adequately.

Don't have backcountry but do have
Banish 30
Scythe ti
Nosler K

Banish 30 is longer and heavier. I use for range rifles.

The Scythe Ti and Nosler are similar sized. Using a sound meter on my phone there was 1 dB difference between the Scithe and Nosler.

The Banish Backcountry was what I was thinking about for my first suppressor but folks seem to like other suppressors a little more. My main goal would be to have something that is hearing safe on my 6.5 PRC and 223 remington and help with something like a 300 WSM. I want it as light weight as possible and user friendly. I was concerned about it not being serviceable. I was told by SC that wasn't as much of a concern if it wasn't a rimfire or something. I do plan on using it on my AR as well so i don't know. The TBAC Ultra 5 seems to be more well liked but I can't find any in stock. I want to use Silencer Central because it seems like it would be easier to go through the paper work of getting a trust but they are more expensive than a lot of dealers and out of stock of most suppressors. Now I'm back to just not getting a suppressor. . . .

I want to use Silencer Central because it seems like it would be easier to go through the paper work of getting a trust but they are more expensive than a lot of dealers and out of stock of most suppressors. Now I'm back to just not getting a suppressor. . . .
I would STRONGLY recommend stopping at a few local shops if you have options. SC was about 3 weeks, mailing stuff, doing your own ink prints, and a zoom call to actually be submitted. My lgs was 30 minutes from pointing to the can I wanted in the case to trusted and submitted with photo and digital prints. 1000 times easier.

The Banish Backcountry was what I was thinking about for my first suppressor but folks seem to like other suppressors a little more. My main goal would be to have something that is hearing safe on my 6.5 PRC and 223 remington and help with something like a 300 WSM. I want it as light weight as possible and user friendly. I was concerned about it not being serviceable. I was told by SC that wasn't as much of a concern if it wasn't a rimfire or something. I do plan on using it on my AR as well so i don't know. The TBAC Ultra 5 seems to be more well liked but I can't find any in stock. I want to use Silencer Central because it seems like it would be easier to go through the paper work of getting a trust but they are more expensive than a lot of dealers and out of stock of most suppressors. Now I'm back to just not getting a suppressor. . . .

I'd rather have a backcountry over an Ultra 5 and a scythe over both.

Scythe is at least as light or a hair lighter, only 0.3" longer with a flat cap, and should be a little quieter vs a backcountry. A backcountry should suppress a fair bit better than an ultra 5.

Last edited:
Back