Barrett Fieldcraft Spartan Gunsmith Adapter?

I've just ordered a Spartan Javelin bipod for my Fieldcraft, along with the Classic sling stud adapter. However I really like the look of using the Davros tripod head, both for spotting and shooting. The Classic Gunsmith Adapter looks like a super clean way to accomplish this. Ideally I would mount two, one by the sling stud and one at the center of balance for using on the tripod.
Has anyone installed these adapters into a carbon stock, or more specifically into the Fieldcraft AG Composites stock?
Thanks for any info.

Did you get it done @B_Reynolds_AK??

Recived my rifle last week, and already in the works of getting it done. Contacted my dealer yesterday to figure out if the internals of the forend can support the gunsmit adapter.

The job itself is a matter of drilling a hole (with a premium drillbit to not scuff upp the edges) , scuffing upp the inside for epoxy and then putting it all together with some good epoxy.
Hoping that it seats properly the forst time. Not much area to test the epoxy on beforehand...

Nope, I’ve never gotten around to doing in. I still just use the external adapter that mounts in the front stud location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the same on as well temporarily @B_Reynolds_AK.
Need to get it threaded for a silencer, so i will get the gunamith adapter fitted at the same time. Not sure when yet, but i will report back when i get it done 👍

Just got my rifle back @B_Reynolds_AK after installing the gunsmith adapter.

It was no problem, exept there being a aluminium reinforcement inside the foreend. Im guessing for the sling stud. Good to keep in mind for the gunsmith. It goes as far forewaed as "50% through" where i have my adapter now.

Its a bit far back as its in the way of my tightning nutt, but i wil just have it machined down a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20220114_113144.jpg
    IMG_20220114_113144.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20220114_113129.jpg
    IMG_20220114_113129.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20220114_113025.jpg
    IMG_20220114_113025.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20220114_113016.jpg
    IMG_20220114_113016.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20220114_112959.jpg
    IMG_20220114_112959.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 63
Be careful/cautious, I added a short pic rail more to the middle balance point for use with the anvil RRS head. It has came a bit loose a couple times and I have had to tighten it, I think doing so may be pulling the tnut further through the foam type filling of the stock. Stopped shooting it on that head for fear of pulling the tnuts all the way through. Have not had this issue on manners stocks. I know the gunsmith adapter is different but something to be aware of, could have just been installer error and I may have sunk it in too far from the start though.

Be careful/cautious, I added a short pic rail more to the middle balance point for use with the anvil RRS head. It has came a bit loose a couple times and I have had to tighten it, I think doing so may be pulling the tnut further through the foam type filling of the stock. Stopped shooting it on that head for fear of pulling the tnuts all the way through. Have not had this issue on manners stocks. I know the gunsmith adapter is different but something to be aware of, could have just been installer error and I may have sunk it in too far from the start though.
Most likely only reinforced internaly where the sling stud in the front sits. Probabley only a 2" long piece of aluminum then. Meaning you are threded into composit material/carbonfiber, hens the weak threads.

Bit of an old post, but for anyone looking to do this, I took the plunge today as well. As an absolute amateur when it comes to running machines and tools, I think it is still very approachable. The hardest part is lining up the adaptor to be straight when your epoxying it in. We'll see how I ultimately faired as its setting right now.

I put mine a little forward of Hognajegern's placement so that the stud didn't intefere with the cant lock, although I almost always have the sling studs off the rifle.

You can see in the photo the different layers up front and the metal bar.

bDWKhSh.jpg

6jiMhQL.jpg

I thought about putting one in front of the recoil lug, but it wasn’t that far back from the front one, so I passed. Next time I would do mine about another .5-1mm deeper, and use a little less jb weld so it didn’t overflow as much.

Biggest tips I’d say is take your time to line up the drill and make sure it’s level to where you want it. Also, don’t over do it on the epoxy (whoops).

I’d also make some index marks on the adaptor and stock prior to putting the epoxy on so you can just line up to 90* perfectly. I eyeballed it and was about 1-2* off or so. It’s good enough for me, but you can notice it if you take a good enough look.

Back