Battery powered lanterns

I’m taking 20 kids to Boy Scout summer camp and we need a couple of new lanterns. I’d love something with a solar charging option, but I need something that’ll actually last, work, and not fall apart. What do you guys have that works well? Weight isn’t a concern, but the ability to recharge and not fight batteries would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geterdone

FNG
Streamlight makes a nice LED lantern, runs on c batteries though. Last more than a full hunting season for me.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

sacklunch

WKR
I have a Luci and a LumenAID…both are solar or plug in, blow-ups. I prefer the lumen, just has a better fit/finish/function to me.

Last edited:

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
I went through quite a few battery lanterns before spending a little more money on a solar. I’ve had pretty good luck with solar’s from Davis Tent.

KyleM4130

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Klymit inflatable tubes. Plug right into a battery bank that I’m already packing and put off really good light.

hikenhunt

WKR
I've had a couple of the Luci lanterns and they work really well. I was surprised how quickly they charged in full sun.

Bakey

FNG

Or

I have the battery BD mojo.

Used it for about 25 nights in my tipi this duck season.

I liked it being battery, having battery powered spinners and head lamps. No forgetting to charge it etc.

Stumpy208

FNG
I bought a couple of duracell ones from Costco. They are solar and they can take batteries if you want that option. Also they can be used as a battery bank. I just picked them up so I don't know how durable they'll be but they weren't bad for $24.

Shraggs

WKR
Coleman makes one snd it’s rechargeable. Looks like the iconic lantern, it’s bright and has a really nice amber night light option.