Youth boot suggestions

My son wants to go hunting with me for the first time and I am looking for a pair of boots for him. Figure a 6-8” boot, no insulation.

He wears a size 7.5-8 in men’s but he is growing like a weed, I’d expect him to outgrow the boots within 6-9 months, even if I buy them a little large. With that said, I don’t wanna drop a ton of money on some great boots that he will never wear out. Also don’t want something that’ll fall apart after a few days.

use case: few days of hiking to break them in and get him used to wearing them. For the hunt, we do a base camp style. He will have a small pack for water, snacks, place to stuff a jacket - no major weight. He’s just a spectator/spotter this time around.

I’ve had my danners and kennetrek boots forever, I’m not too familiar with other brands and their quality.

OP
S
Sigh, yeah that would have helped. Southern AZ, hills, prickly brush, etc.

Hadn’t even thought about eBay. Great call

jazz3ring

WKR
I recommend looking for a pair of lightly used Lowa Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots on eBay.

OP
S
Thanks for the eBay suggestion. Picked him up a pair of food boots NIB for a fair price. Next getting him some darn tough socks.

I take my sons to Sierra Trading Post and we can usually find some decent boots that fit them at good prices.
I do the same thing. STP or REI garage sale. I find that for my kids, I'm not shopping for the same quality that I do for myself. They will outgrow them soon enough and they find it a little harder to quantify what they want in a boot. Flex rating and weight doesn't matter near as much as comfort or fit. I buy whatever they can try on and tell me they like.