Bergara MG Lite Review, By Travis Bertrand

Thanks, it's been calling my name for a while! After shooting some vertical grip stocks and my AR I'm really finding them a pleasure to shoot and very consistent. I also need a chassis gun.

JGood

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure it's a nice rifle but at $3,200, you have lots of options. I built my first DIY in 308 for that price last year (disclaimer, the price of receivers has gone up since then). My second DIY in 6.5 CM shot .245" three shot group.

Defiance Tenacity 1000
Proof carbon barrel 1000
McMillan stock custom ordered 700
TriggerTech trigger 200
Hawkins M5 bottom metal 200
Total: 3100
For what its worth, the updated price on this is below:

Defiance Tenacity - $1350
Proof Carbon Barrel - $929
XLR Chassis - $1,299 (plus an 8 month wait)
Trigger Tech - $209
MDT AICS Mag - $70
Chambering Labor - $400

$4257 + tax

You can probalby get some of this like 15% off if you shop the sales ($3821.45), but same can be said about the bergara. https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...lt-action-rifle-308-winchester-22in/p/1737276

What you are paying for with a custom rifle at that point is possibly a better shooting rifle? I dont think the bergara trigger is as nice as the TT and i dont think the actions are as nice as the Defiance actions.

I own 4 custom built guns and two factory rifles (bergara .22 comp gun and MPA PMR 6GT) I would have a tough time paying the extra cash for custom guns in todays CNC world....

@tito_zako could buy a bergara 300 win and rechamber for cheaper than building a gun from scratch?

I built my first just about a year ago, I have had quite a few Winchester 70s built for me but it's just gotten too easy for someone like me to do a DIY. I asked a lot of questions and did my homework but it's really quite easy. Besides the parts, you need a torque wrench, barrel vise and headspace gauges.

Defiance Ruckus GA Hunter
Proof carbon 22"
McMillan
Hawkins M5
Trigger Tech

If I were doing it again, I'd look at Terminus or Impact receivers. You can go to the Proof site and look up barrels and receivers compatibility. I bought my components at Altus Shooting, they can match your receiver with a barrel. I would encourage you to give it a try.

My 7 PRC in the works, McMillan stock shipped yesterday.

How do you like the Defiance action? Looking at the same one or may just use a donor rifle for the action.

JGood

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, to be clear I’m talking about the Lone Peak Razor TI.

The coating on the LP is butter smooth and the machine work is impeccable.