Bergara wilderness ridge

Jlwatts

FNG
I’m strongly considering picking up a wilderness ridge in 7mm rem mag to be used for hunting white tails from a box stand. Anybody got any experience with a wilderness ridge? Iv read a few people had accuracy issues but the general consensus is they are a good shooting rifle. Just wanting to hear some reviews.

You can read my thread on Bergarbage (B14 Ridge Wilderness in 300WM). IF it shoots well, they're an OK rifle. If it doesn't shoot well, you might be SOL and left to have your local gunsmith fix it like I did. Action is good, trigger is OK. Both are crap compared to any Tikka. I had an HMR Ridge Wilderness in 6.5CM also. I've run both my T3X and B14's side by side and there's just no comparison. I tried really hard to be a Bergara fanboy but their customer service led me to try a Tikka and I'll never go back.

For that money, I'm buying a Sako or a stainless Tikka + aftermarket stock (Stockys VG or maybe Rokstok once those ship).

The 2 wilderness ridge 7 mm mags I purchased for my sons 2 years ago are tack drivers, so I got one for myself last year. It was no where near as nice. The barrel had awful carbon fouling and it was very picky with ammo. The boys guns shot tiny groups with 155 terminal ascent, 1 elk at 660 and another at 600 yards! The same ammo in the one I bought shot shotgun sized groups. Took 6 different boxes of ammo and bullet types to find one that shot okay. Very disappointment. Got rid of it and went with a Tikka.

I like the actions, triggers are nice, but they are heavy. outfitted with a Zeiss V4 scope they weigh 10.5 lbs.

I really wanted to stick with 1 brand so all the accessories were the same for our guns. Seems like a lot of complaints last year. Don't think I will buy another one.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had a Bergara wilderness ridge for a little over a year in a 6.5cm. Out of the box the gun weighs 7.6lbs and shot great. I dropped it in a Stockys VG2 and put a trigger tech on it. With the Trijicon Tenmile the gun weighs 9.25lbs. Bolt was smooth, zero feeding issues and does what the gun was intended for.
With that said, there was a sell on a Tikka roughneck lite in 6.5cm around November. With tax and the Tikka rebate included, I’ll have $885 into the gun. Couldn’t pass it up.

With the Tikka and Bergara side by side, the only thing I like better about the Bergara is the shorter barrel. Other than that, the Tikka beats it hands down. The Tikka weighs 6.9lbs
Since I don’t need two 6.5’s, I’ll be keeping the Tikka and selling the Bergara. Put it back to original yesterday and posted it to some local spots.

Archer86

WKR
They guys that have had issues are loud no matter what brand. Just make sure you do your reasearch and take that into account you always here the bad stuff more then the good.

I have a wilderness ridge carbon and a wilderness ridge and both shoot fine no issues. I have a few buddies that have one no issues and my brother has 2 no issues.

TheViking

WKR
Not mine, but I saw this ad on LRH this morning. Seems like a good deal to me.

They guys that have had issues are loud no matter what brand. Just make sure you do your reasearch and take that into account you always here the bad stuff more then the good.

I have a wilderness ridge carbon and a wilderness ridge and both shoot fine no issues. I have a few buddies that have one no issues and my brother has 2 no issues.

Both Bergara and Fierce sold me lemons and refused to fix them. Damn right I'll be loud about it to save others the potential headaches.

Savage jumped through hoops to make it right and I don't go around bashing them. Buy with confidence with Savage, with appropriate expectations of quality.

mntnguide

WKR
I went with a 6.5prc carbon. Been a great rifle so far. Fun to shoot, packs nice and seems solid. No complaints from me
042a99f2cd663cba9769bf64d048bf0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

I’m strongly considering picking up a wilderness ridge in 7mm rem mag to be used for hunting white tails from a box stand. Anybody got any experience with a wilderness ridge? Iv read a few people had accuracy issues but the general consensus is they are a good shooting rifle. Just wanting to hear some reviews.
I own three Bergara rifles and all shoot well. I had an issue with a broken ejector but I found customer service was good. I ended up purchasing billet machined ejectors for all of my Bergara guns. This was a preventative choice. My biggest complaint about these rifles is the weight. They shoot very well for me and my kids. To be honest I could shed the weight of my rifle from my body fat and that would be more helpful than anything.

Jlowry809

FNG
I have a Ridge Carbon Wilderness in 7PRC and it is a shooter. Action and Trigger feel better than my buddies Savage Ultralight and Christensen but not as good as a Seekins or Tikka.

Mikey_B79

FNG
I handled a Ridge Carbon Wilderness at Scheel's on Tuesday and ordered one this morning in .300 Win Mag, one of my "local" independent gun shops had an attractive sale price and I was already smitten. We'll see how she does. I have a set of m700 low Talley's and a VX3 sitting here that can be quickly rehomed to give it a test drive. I think I've even got a TT Primary in one of my parts drawers.

I’ve got 2 Wilderness Ridge SP’s. One in .308 Win and and other in 6.5 CM. Both a very accurate. I did put TriggerTechs in both of mine. Not sure why folks complain about the weight after they buy them. It’s no secret what they weigh. I also own 2 Tikka’s and they are great rifles as well. My Bergara’s are more accurate though. IMG_7201.jpeg