Best 100ish qt cooler for ice retention

TxLite

WKR
Looking for tough high quality cooler recommendations that are under 20.5” tall (needs to fit in a truck bed with the cover closed) and will hold ice/meat for roughly a week in September. Currently have a 65qt Yeti that I like a lot, but need something bigger. I’m not opposed to another Yeti but I know there are a lot of different brands these days that compete with and even exceed Yeti these days.

What do you guys recommend?

WKR

WKR
Pelican makes the best cooler. Better than yeti in my opinion. I'm not sure they would fit your height requirement though.

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
Pelican makes the best cooler. Better than yeti in my opinion. I'm not sure they would fit your height requirement though.
Yeah that’s the hard part. I’d really like to be able to shut the bed cover to prevent unnecessary temptation in hotel/gas station parking lots during trips

WKR

WKR
Yeah that’s the hard part. I’d really like to be able to shut the bed cover to prevent unnecessary temptation in hotel/gas station parking lots during trips

This one would fit

WKR

WKR
Yeah I get it, I have the pelican 150 and there's no hiding that thing. Even with my camper shell on.

Werty

WKR
I've bought 2 100 gt igloo coolers used for $20 a piece. Prre chill them first, then fill them with block ice and a" little" dry Ice. Throw a blanket over them and your good. Also try and park in the shade if possible. If someone steals your cooler your not out much.

Canyon Prospector 103 is a very good option. Like most I have a couple of Yetis and a RTIC. The canyon is as good or better than the others, just bigger. reason I picked the Prospector is because it is long but not real tall. Fits under my Diamondback bed cover.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
There are a lot of ice retention tests on YouTube and generally Yeti is at least close to the top, but much less expensive models come very close.

Dented

WKR
The dry ice mixed with regular ice idea sounds like a winner for extended field time.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
My Lifetime 77's are 1/3-1/4 the cost of a Yeti and have better ice retention according to some independent tests I've seen. I have been extremely pleased with them. I use them almost solely for ice retention in my truck when we're at the marina (summer temps, 90+) for 2-3 days in full sun and need ice for crab and salmon.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My 120qt Coleman Xtreme 6's are just over 18" tall and work very well for a week. But I think they went and changed them up because I haven't seen them in stores the last couple years. They used to be about $50 which was a great deal. Now their new ones are probably over twice that amount and won't work as well. That seems to be the trend with everything these days. But quite frankly, there are a lot of decent coolers on the market today, if you can find your right size.

There's "best".........where money's no object. Then there's "good enough" at decent price points.