Best Alaska Moose Outfitter?

AKBorn

WKR
3/5ths of his list is on the very good list in my opinion. Happy to be good friends with two of them. Add in the recommendation for another great friend Stan by Murphy and a few others not mentioned and you have a very solid list to talk with.
Thanks Nick, good info. And my apologies to PNWGator if my first post sounded more negative than intended.

“Best” for one may not be for another.

Need to prioritize your definition of “best”- do you want 100% success rate? Do you want the biggest moose possible? How difficult of hunting environment or least amount of work? Accommodations? Food?

Don’t forget the NWT has Ak-Yukon moose and allows Helicopters!

OP
J
“Best” for one may not be for another.

Need to prioritize your definition of “best”- do you want 100% success rate? Do you want the biggest moose possible? How difficult of hunting environment or least amount of work? Accommodations? Food?

Don’t forget the NWT has Ak-Yukon moose and allows Helicopters!
All good points. Honestly, looking for the biggest moose possible with a reputable outfitter. I'm relatively young and in good shape, so not concern with amount of work. And just fine eating Mountain House in a spike camp for every meal.

All good points. Honestly, looking for the biggest moose possible with a reputable outfitter. I'm relatively young and in good shape, so not concern with amount of work. And just fine eating Mountain House in a spike camp for every meal.
The other thought is Kamchatka, Russia has historically killed huge moose. With the recent political climate a hunt there might be a good deal nowadays with good trophy potential with the lack of pressure lately!

Djacker

WKR
PM this type of information…damn. 🤬

His post specifically requested an Outfitter, NOT a DIY transporter...

Know you both want to be helpful, but you’re NOT! SMH 🤬
Why should I pm this info? Nothing stated says where these people do business.

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
PM this type of information…damn. 🤬

His post specifically requested an Outfitter, NOT a DIY transporter...

Know you both want to be helpful, but you’re NOT! SMH 🤬
Apparently God’s Country Aviation is some sort of secret? 🙄 if so, you’re the only one who thought that. Great guys, but certainly very well known.

ARK08

FNG
When I was looking into moose hunts in Alaska, Papa Bear was one of the highly recommended outfitters. They have a 90s success rate and I believe their opportunity rate was 100% last year. Some guys passed up some smaller bulls looking for a bigger one. They fly you in and drop you off with all of the equipment including a boat. The price for something like that isn’t cheap though. I want to say it was around $20,000 for a hunt with them. Lots of info on moose hunting on the Rokslide forum.

Honestly, looking for the biggest moose possible with a reputable outfitter. I'm relatively young and in good shape, so not concern with amount of work. And just fine eating Mountain House in a spike camp for every meal.
Gana River Outfitters https://www.ganariver.com/gana_photo_gallery/moose/
Ravens Throat Outfitters https://www.ravensthroat.com/alaskan-yukon-moose-hunts/
Stan Stevens Mackenzie Mountain Outfitters https://www.mmo-stanstevens.com/hunts/#moose

I have personally hunted with Gana River Outfitters, which borders Stan Steven's concession. I saw huge moose on both. Ravens Throat I have not seen their concession, but I follow them on social media and see their kills, and hear great things about them from guides in the industry. You really can't go wrong with any of the NWT outfits for sheep, moose, or caribou

Gana River would be my first call, for a traditional hunt. I know SSMMO uses helos, not sure about RT