Best bino under $600

OP
S

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
A friend of mine let me try out his brand new pair of meopta optika hd 8x42 he is selling for a few days. And these are actually quite nice. I can buy him for less than half the cost at the store

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
IMO, buy used because the difference is much bigger at your price range. Getting a used $900 bino is significantly better than a new bino.

wcoats

FNG
Would the Zeiss Terra ED be worth looking into in this price range? They 10x42 go for $500. I recently picked up some Terra ED 8x25 for a pocket size pair of binoculars and impressed with how good they are for the price and compact size.

JRay

Lil-Rokslider
Used pair of meopta meostar. I have the 8’s and love them.

My brother has the terra ED and is very satisfied for the money

Oregonboy

WKR
Another vote for the Leupold BX4s in 10x42. I got mine for $425 and they’ve been great.

MY BX4's are very good.

Naturally we will defend our purchase decisions and promote a good product if it is indeed good in our personal experience. I had looked at several in the under $500 range and decided on the Leupolds because of brand experience and I felt they looked better in person than the typical box store under $500 options. I have no objective data to back the claim up.

w.travis

FNG
Tough choice! A big consideration is who will be the primary user. If a full-grown man I’d recommend something like a Tract Tori’s or Athlon Cronus G2. But a 14 year old girl will probably have some challenges in wielding a full-sized 42mm binocular in the field. However, since a 42mm usually performs better than most smaller optics, I’d recommend one of the more compact models known for easy handling - like the Nikon M7 42mm.
I agree with this regarding Tract Toric as best in that price range, but they don't have a 32mm. I'd suggest trying to test the Kowa BDII XD 8x32. I have the 6.5x32 BDII XD and it is amazing for the price. The center field sharpness / detail is as good as it gets. I know someone who has the 8x32 BDII XD and loves it. Also, the BDII XD models have a wider field of view than most others.

OP
S

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up picking up a pair of steiner predator 10x42 for my stepson And I went with a pair of the meopta optika 8x42 For my daughter.