Best boot for white tails in midwest

craigrh13

FNG
I’m looking for a non rubber boot for whitetail hunting in the midwest. Meaning versatile enough for warm early season hunts and able to still hunt in cold weather. Something that is comfortable and durable. A boot that will keep my feet dry and will last me years. Any suggestions?

yfarm

WKR
My son loves his Schnees Beartooth 200g, wears pheasant hunting, deer and elk hunting. Says are most comfortable out of the box boot he has ever had. Just wish they would make a 600 or 800 version for cold weather stand hunting.
I have some 10y/o Rocky Outbacks that have good ground feel, generally dont like that company due to sole durability issues but mine have been fine, are a warm to cool weather boot, wouldnt stand hunt in cold weather. As an aside, Schnees has an end of season sale where their boots are significantly discounted.

Last edited:
OP
C

craigrh13

FNG
I picked up some 0g bearthooths since they are 40% off right now. I’ll give these a try.

Jdtidmore

FNG
I run the Danner Vitals and really like them. I haven’t used them in extreme cold, but I’ve been happy thus far

OP
C

craigrh13

FNG
I also ordered a pair of the Timberlines since they are 40% off. Looks like they are basically a less stiff version of the Beartooth. I’ll compare and keep the set I like best.

OP
C

craigrh13

FNG
Both the Timberlines and Beartooth came in today. I tried both on and walked around. I’m gonna keep the Timberlines. They really felt the same to me for the most part. The Timberlines felt slightly lighter and I personally like the looks of them better. IMG_6039.jpeg