Best day pack for multi use?

Are you running of the pockets on yours, I'm all twisted up on whether to run two larges, a large and medium, or a medium and small...so many things to configure. It's like really expensive Legos!!!!

I have two large pouches on it. They fit perfect!

I got my rambler yesterday and loaded it down today and took it for a spin. I loaded it down with all of my gear and a full 2L water bladder. I don't really have a way of weighing it, but it was heavy for use. I did a 3 mile hike with it, worked wonderfully...no back pain and way more comfortable than my last pack. I am so happy I made the decision to go with Kifaru rather than skimp to save a couple hundred bucks. They aren't cheap, it certainly is a $800+ investment to get it all setup with everything (pouches, pullouts, etc), but seems like it will work great for me.

I started this thread to find a pack that would act as a daypack and a 1-3 night pack. After stuffing the rambler, I think it could be everything from a day pack to a 5 night bag if you planned your food right. I also love the modularity of it. I went with the guide lid, 2 large pouches on the bag, and 2 smalls on the belt...but for lighter trips you can pull the lid and pouches off, or just really compress it down.

The gun sleeve works well too. I slid my 30-06 with a 3x9x40 leupold on it in pretty easily and even pulled it out while I had the pack on fully loaded. You have to have some flexible shoulder joints to reach back there, but it can be done.

I am looking forward to putting it to good use.

Back