Best lighter weight midtear clothing/gear

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
Right now I have a full badlands camo setup. It’s solid gear and I got some really great discounts on it. My only real problem is the weight of it. The puffy jacket is over 2 lbs.

Does anyone have any experience with some brands in similar price range?

I’ve been considering a switch to skre, browning or kings potentially. Or possibly trying to find a used set of sitka or kuiu. All my gear is still new with tags as of right now.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
If you have friends or know someone who has the gear you’re looking at buying, ask to borrow or at least try it on. Good marketing, catchy camo names, and fancy chemical treatments doesn’t necessarily mean it 1) fits your purpose for it and 2) fits you in general.

Check out the classifieds on here, the amount of FirstLite, Kuiu, and Sitka clothing that changes hands is significant. There is probably full sets of all three on the board within the first 5 pages.

If you don’t want used, best chance is to keep your eye out for sales, promos, etc so you can snag up kit at a discount.

ChrisAU

WKR
Don’t marry yourself to one brand. Get the piece you want no matter the brand or Camo. I waste money on hunting gear to the point that pretty much anything backpack hunting related is in budget and my system has pieces from all sorts of brands. My chosen puffy is expensive, but my favorite gloves by far are $15. Plenty of gems in all price ranges.

OP
Davisjj8

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t marry yourself to one brand. Get the piece you want no matter the brand or Camo. I waste money on hunting gear to the point that pretty much anything backpack hunting related is in budget and my system has pieces from all sorts of brands. My chosen puffy is expensive, but my favorite gloves by far are $15. Plenty of gems in all price ranges.

I’ve been thinking of this too. I hate my camo being mismatched. I’m thinking of just starting to do solids for the most part so I can mix and match and still match. I know it’s dumb, just a weird pet peeve of mine to match patterns.

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think you should feel bad for not wanting to walk around like that guy who looks like a bag of dicks at a Vegas lunch buffet 🤣

However, I do think the number of options between solids and camo from good manufacturers is probably the best it’s ever been from a selection standpoint

OP
Davisjj8

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think you should feel bad for not wanting to walk around like that guy who looks like a bag of dicks at a Vegas lunch buffet

However, I do think the number of options between solids and camo from good manufacturers is probably the best it’s ever been from a selection standpoint

glad it’s normal.

It definitely seems that way, competition and demand has lead to a great supply.

Are you focused on camo? I have some great pieces, albeit solids, from non-hunting brands. Don't marry yourself to the marketing of hunting clothes and you may find some great stuff.

OP
Davisjj8

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
Are you focused on camo? I have some great pieces, albeit solids, from non-hunting brands. Don't marry yourself to the marketing of hunting clothes and you may find some great stuff.

Not necessarily. I think I’d like to at least have some for early season archery. I’ve been looking at solid puffy’s alot though. Thinking maybe I can just swap my puffy jacket out in this kit and go from there. I really like most of the other gear. Just still pretty heavy comparatively

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
Eddie Bauer always has some good sales. Watch Camofire for sales on Black Ovis clothing. You don't have to spend a lot to get a lot.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk