Best Piece of Kuiu Gear

IDHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking around at getting some new gear for next year and I would really like to get some KUIU gear so what I need to know is what does KUIU do best? Base layers? outerwear? insulation? rain gear? Other? Let me hear your thoughts.

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have experience with a lot of their gear, but I can tell you that the Attack pants are well worth the price. I've worn Sitka Ascent's and the Kuiu Attacks and much prefer the Attack's. They are very comfortable and stretch with your movements. My pair has been through two years of brush and show very little wear. They are comfortable in a wide range of temperatures. I purchased a pair of the Kryptek Valhalla pants recently and will be comparing those to the Attacks this next year.

Trr15

WKR
The bino harness is pretty sweet. I've been running mine for 2 years now and I'm very happy with it.

LJ Buck

WKR
For Base Layers I would Go with First Lite Hands down. For Kuiu IMO i like the attack pants but like the Chinook pants even more (most versatile pant on the market IMO) I like the puffy gloves for glassing and the rain gear is good but so is First lite Rain gear as well.

Kotaman

WKR
Since buying the Chinook pants, I hardly wear my Attacks any more.

KUIU's base layers are good, but I prefer First Lite for Base Layer.

You really can't beat any of the KUIU outerwear. Their insulating layers are also top of the line.

I have full kits of KUIU, Kyptek, Sitka and a bunch of First Lite. It is all good...Here are my preferences:

Outerwear: KUIU
Base Layers: First Lite
Rain Gear: Take your pick, they all make nice rain gear. My favorites are First Lite, KUIU Chugach and KUIU Yukon
Solids: Love the Sitka Solids.
Insulation: Tons of great Puffy's out there.

zacha79

Lil-Rokslider
I'll put in another vote for their attack pants. They are so comfortable and easy to move in. The 4-way stretch really makes a difference. I have taken their guide pants out a couple times now in the cold and they seem to perform as well

IdahoElk

WKR
attack/guide pants,merino base layers,jackets,gaiters have all performed great for me.

Last edited:
The only kuiu gear I have is clothing, the Yukon jacket is good but the zipper hangs up. I like the guide jacket but the arms are tight ( I know I'm huge ). The super down jacket is awesome and the gaiters are the best hunting gaiters on the market.

7mag.

WKR
IMO, Kuiu clothing is top of the line. I own several pieces of Kuiu and I like it all. The Attack Pants are unbeatable, and the Chugach rain gear is a close second. I really like the Superdown jacket and Guide Jacket as well. I also like the Yukon Gaiters, but they are my first set of gaiters, so I have nothing to compare them to. I have some Sitka and Kryptek clothing, but prefer Kuiu.

OP
I

IDHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I should also mention that I'm 6'5". It doesn't appear that their pants have a length option so will I be walking around with pants up to my shins with this stuff?