Best place for string?

OP
trevvamos

trevvamos

Lil-Rokslider
I have several from my bow building days. That I sourced out to SBD strings. If you are interested let me know and I’ll see what all I have left.

How long is the bow ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for reaching out PM sent

Recent compound to recurve convert. I need a new string, however my bow shop doesn't make sting for trad bows. Best online resource to pick up a string for my Hoyt Dorado?
60x strings are made to your preference and quick service. Consistent string.

Sinko

FNG
I can't build as pretty a string as these guys who built strings every day but I can build a quality serviceable string that is what I want, when I need one so I build my own. A string jig is easy to build and a couple of spools of string material and serving and a serving jig is really all you need.

Wrench

WKR
I make my own now....which I suggest to everyone as it's cheap and easy....but I have used mtn muffler and 3 rivers....and I would buy them in that order. Any maker who askes what your limb tips are and the width of your limb is a great start.

If interested, clay Hayes has a good vid on jig free string building. I have a jig but now just use two nails I drove in a wall.

Everyone should have a serving tool....skip right to the beiter and powergrip to save time and money.

My compound set from them was complete garbage.

Bad luck with TTT as well. Thing never stopped stretching.
The TTT string I had was very good, but it had wool silencers which will cause a lot of what would look like string stretching (but is really the wool slowly compressing more) before they settle out.

My first choice these days is Nick Reddy (Reddy Made Strings). Steve Baker (Mountain Muffler) also builds a quality string.

TX_Diver

WKR
Old thread but I've been happy with RMS Gear and TTT. Will probably use Johns Custom Archery for the next set as he's been a huge help w/ my compound strings too.