Best Podcast series for beginners.

There are a bunch of good podcast. I would recommend listening to the early ones not the most recent. So many of them are trying to reinvent the wheel to come up with new content every week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couple recommendations, you can search in the Apple podcast app for keywords or topics which help you find podcasts that are relevant to you, areas, species, tactics, states, etc.

Also, I download podcasts before a hunt and it’s nice to have something to listen to while I am dozing off in the backcountry solo when I have no reception. So find some interesting shows or topics and download a handful while you’re getting your offline maps too. 🤙🏼🤙🏼

Couple recommendations, you can search in the Apple podcast app for keywords or topics which help you find podcasts that are relevant to you, areas, species, tactics, states, etc.

Also, I download podcasts before a hunt and it’s nice to have something to listen to while I am dozing off in the backcountry solo when I have no reception. So find some interesting shows or topics and download a handful while you’re getting your offline maps too. 🤙🏼🤙🏼
This is such a good tip lol. I did a solo scouting trip for a week in colorado last August. Although i absolutely love the peace and quiet , eating my dehydrated meal at night for dinner with an old Gritty Bowmen podcast episode was nice to listen to and keep me motivated

There's some good info in select Epic outdoors podcasts as well, but it's normally scattered throughout as their podcasts are not specific instructional type of podcasts.

There's some good info in select Epic outdoors podcasts as well, but it's normally scattered throughout as their podcasts are not specific instructional type of podcasts.
Second this. I like their podcast. It’s not always instructional but there’s tons of good information and experiences in their podcasts.

I wouldn't listen to a podcast If I wanted to hunt and kill elk, I'd watch every episode of Destination Elk from Elk 101 on youtube. You will see how to and how not to, hunt Elk.

Don't listen to them. Majority of those guys are full of hot air. The guys that do know what they are talking about these days make you listen to 30 minutes of advertisements in a 45-60 minute podcast. They will also make you think you need way more gear than you do. It gets old and repetitive. There's a lot of resources out there for learning how to apply for tags, research hunt areas, escouting etc without listening to a bunch of bro hunters tell you the key to their alleged success.

Back