Best Puffy?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Curious how a world class hiker, backpacker and trekker is qualified from a regular hiker, backpacker and trekker?

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
Probably 10X as many days in the field, and in more austere environments. Pretty big difference between a weekend, casual hiker, and someone who travels all over the world and spends months at a time in the field in the gear. It's pretty easy to differentiate actually.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I really like their reviews, I just wish they'd also compare to hunting brands so we can see how they stack up. Since they don't go head to head we have to make our own inferences and sometimes spec sheets don't tell the whole story
Why? Most of the hunting brands use the same shell materials and down as the outdoor brands. Pretty easy to compare the specs and make a decision. Hunting brands are just notorious for charging an extra hundred bucks because theirs is camo and not a solid color.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Looking at going a different direction with my puffy jacket and curious what everybody else is running. I currently have the Kuiu Super Down Ultra, and I like it. The weight is great and it’s pretty warm in most situations, but every single time I wear it it seems like I lose a handful of down feathers, and kys definitely not as warm as it used to be with 3 years of feather loss at this point. Any recommendations? Grumman, kuiu, Kifaru?
Just got my Canis panmir not sure if it’s considered a true puffy for me it is and much more. May be some heavier but it’s got rip stop fabric and DWR coating. Very impressed