Best Rifle rack/holder for a UTV?

slowelk

WKR
I have always avoided the classic u-shaped racks that leave rifles exposed to dust and the other elements. I've also been paranoid that all the jostling could impact zero. I have a friend who has used a hard kolpin case that he's attached to his wheeler, and likes that. I'd pursue some type of a hard-cased scabbard style solution.

Kolpin, to name one, has mounts that are universal with specific mounts for the hard to figure out ones - don't make the mistake I did though, make sure pins are in and fasteners are all tight and good - it SUCKS to have to backtrack and find your weapon in the trail

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
If mounted vertical Those kolpin cases have the rifle resting on the scope objective bell. Not sure I would want my rifle bouncing around on trails in that manner. On my quad I use the rhino grips and I cover my rifle with a gun slicker or like type. Haven't had any issues with dirt dust or knocking the sights out using this method

If mounted vertical Those kolpin cases have the rifle resting on the scope objective bell. Not sure I would want my rifle bouncing around on trails in that manner. On my quad I use the rhino grips and I cover my rifle with a gun slicker or like type. Haven't had any issues with dirt dust or knocking the sights out using this method
I don't think I've seen a hard case mounted exactly vertical but that's a very good point made

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
Even if it's not vertical I have a hard time using one with a scoped rifle unless the barrel bottoms out before the scope bell does. No bad experience yet just can't see it being a good thing for your system. With iron sighted guns I use my kolpin all the time

Even if it's not vertical I have a hard time using one with a scoped rifle unless the barrel bottoms out before the scope bell does. No bad experience yet just can't see it being a good thing for your system. With iron sighted guns I use my kolpin all the time
I don't think you have anything to worry about, I've been using them since quads were invented, mostly for "ranch" rifles without complaint or incident Rifle should sit upright when in it though ….

wyosteve

WKR
Not sure if it fits on a Maverick, but I bought an interior overhead 2 gun rack from Everything Can-Am for my 2021 Commander. Mounts easily and securely and is not in the way, yet the guns are readily accessible.

loadsandlattes

Lil-Rokslider
I have always avoided the classic u-shaped racks that leave rifles exposed to dust and the other elements. I've also been paranoid that all the jostling could impact zero. I have a friend who has used a hard kolpin case that he's attached to his wheeler, and likes that. I'd pursue some type of a hard-cased scabbard style solution.
I can confirm that all the jarring and rattling around on a SXS is what caused my Vortex scope to lose zero - twice. The first time I figured that was the case but thought maybe I bumped it somehow. Vortex took care of me of course, and I remounted and zero'd the rifle. Into the rifle holder on the SXS it went, and I didn't touch/fire that rifle for like 3 months of bumping around doing my normal stuff. Picked it up one day to shoot a coyote, and realized it had lost zero again. I have since converted all of my rifles to Nightforce.

To answer OP's question, I use the factory Can-Am rifle holder and it's SUPER secure.