Best scope under $1k

This is a good list with the exception of the SWFA 3-15 in my experience. Maybe it's just my older eyes but I thought that reticle was really bad and too faint to pick up well in timber or low light. I wish the Bushnells had illumination

I have a lit LRHS. I don't actually care for it being lit. They illuminated the whole thing, and it's too much lit up on that reticle. If they only lit the center, similar to what Meopta did for the MRAD in the Optika 6's, it would be a much better design, IMO.

To me the design characteristics of the LRHS G2H make it quite usable without being lit, and I don't mind the slight weight savings of them being non illuminated. The LRTS are much better being lit.

I have a lit LRHS. I don't actually care for it being lit. They illuminated the whole thing, and it's too much lit up on that reticle. If they only lit the center, similar to what Meopta did for the MRAD in the Optika 6's, it would be a much better design, IMO.

To me the design characteristics of the LRHS G2H make it quite usable without being lit, and I don't mind the slight weight savings of them being non illuminated. The LRTS are much better being lit.
So you don't struggle with seeing the LRHS reticle in low light at low magnification in the timber?

Thanks!

So you don't struggle with seeing the LRHS reticle in low light at low magnification in the timber?

Thanks!
Nope. Not at all. On low X, the "doughnut" is highly visible well beyond legal shooting in the states I commonly hunt. Also, the glass is good enough on them that, overall, they're pretty solid performers in low light. Even higher X shots at longer distances are feasible in low light.

Nope. Not at all. On low X, the "doughnut" is highly visible well beyond legal shooting in the states I commonly hunt. Also, the glass is good enough on them that, overall, they're pretty solid performers in low light. Even higher X shots at longer distances are feasible in low light.
Sounds like a winner!! My next scope will likely be this one or the 2.5-15 Credo.

Back