Best Sleeping Pad?

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
Not trying to jack your thread but been looking for a good pad also' Does anyone have any time on a Klymit inertia xl? Seems to be a good combo of lite and full length.

muleman

WKR
Not trying to jack your thread but been looking for a good pad also' Does anyone have any time on a Klymit inertia xl? Seems to be a good combo of lite and full length.

No, time on one for the following reasons.

1. Sleep on side and back. The holes don't look too comfy for a sholder, elbow or hip.
2. The holes will not insulate you from the ground.
3. I use a quilt and want \ require insulation under me.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Well over 150 nights on my Neo Air and still going strong....no reason to switch now. :D

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the big Agnes insulated q core. A little heavier than the air core but I think the extra few oz are worth it in comfort. I believe it's loft is 3 to 3 1/2 inches so your up off the ground a ways. Packs down small and big Agnes is a great company.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Therm-A-Rest Ultra Lite cot. It weighs 2lbs 12oz and the pack size is 15"x6". At 62, my bones just doesn't like the hard ground anymore. The cot keeps you 4.5" off the ground. It has taken the place of the two pads I've carried for the past 3 years and takes up less space.

muleman

WKR
I use a Therm-A-Rest Ultra Lite cot. It weighs 2lbs 12oz and the pack size is 15"x6". At 62, my bones just doesn't like the hard ground anymore. The cot keeps you 4.5" off the ground. It has taken the place of the two pads I've carried for the past 3 years and takes up less space.

Do you ever get cold sleeping on the cot?

I have the Big Agnes Q-Core Insulated as well. I'm a big guy and I sleep like a baby on it.
Like said it's a tad heavier than the Neo Air, but it's R-value & 3.5" height is worth it to me.
Hunt'nFish

PS: I watched the video on the Thermo-Rest UL Cot and man that thing is crazy.
Seriously 300lb+ weight rating?!?! Amazing. Might need some firm ground though, otherwise the feet might sink.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
Muleman, I haven't used it in real cold weather yet, so I can't say for sure. I will probably take my Big Agnes insulated air core on an upcoming 2nd rifle season Elk hunt in CO just in case.