Best Sub $350 Quilt (10*-20* range)

rootacres

WKR
So I think I am going to give a quilt a try. The weight isn't a big concern. I am a stomach sleeper and a very light sleeper. My last hunt I used a mountain hardware mummy bag, I stayed warm but just wasn't that comfortable. What do you all recommend?

I bought a Hammock Gear economy burrow 20 degree. With the extra long/wide and an ounce or two of extra fill(can’t remember) it’s 26 oz. Don’t quote me on price but I think it was $230-$250ish.

nastynick

FNG
I echo the above. I have a Hammockgear economy burrow 20 wide and it worked and it’s been great. I’m from Ohio so makes me feel good to buy locally.

NBKYSCAR

FNG
I just picked up a UGQ Bandit XL (6’1” side sleeper so I wanted some extra room) in a 10* last year and it’s been toasty warm. Looks like they run about $225-$300 currently depending on options

Drenalin

WKR
I went with an Enlightened Equipment Enigma with Apex insulation. My 20* wide version was a shade under $250 new and took about 2 months to get. I think it weighs right at 2 pounds. So far so good, but the coldest I've had it down to was mid 40s.

Cedar Ridge makes good quilts in that budget. I also considered UGQ before picking Cedar.

I have a 20 degree wide quilt from them that I think weighs like 20 ounces or something ridiculous like that.

WyoBC_99

FNG
I've been looking at quilt options too. Sure seems like a great way to cut weight if you can still stay warm and sleep well.

Check out “Jacks-R-Better”

They have the Sierra Sniveller (20F) ~$250 and the High Sierra Sniveller (0F) ~$300

I’ve been happy with my Sierra Sniveller

Just as an aside - when I've used my quilt the last couple of years it's been great, what it has revealed though is that my pad was not very good. In my case, it was too narrow so my arms were constantly falling off the sides when I slept on my back and my shoulder hurt when I slept on my side. I think before some of these issues were masked by the fact I was so uncomfortable in general, that I barely noticed... I upgraded to a new Nemo Tensor Insulated Wide-Medium this year and am looking forward to seeing if that solves most of the remaining issues.

ztrusky

FNG
I have a 0 degree enigma with the 850 fill. Overall awesome bag, BUT it's lightweight gear. It you shave qeight you shave durability. Three seasons on the bag and lots of miles, its starting to show wear at the base where the pull cord closes itnup. Verstile setup; use as a blanket whent hot and snug it up when cold. Warmth has a lot to do with your sleeping pad...I slept in 10 degree weather on snow at 10k in it on a bivy mountaineering trip...Ran a neo air light pad and did stayed warm enough to catch intermitant sleep. Overall good product but enploy it as intended. I keep mine in an old mil surplus bivy because Im paranoid of tears and getting it went since its down...I lnow you're notnworroed aboutnweight but for me kinda defeats purpose of a lightweight bag.

Jacobo2012

Lil-Rokslider
Also went with the hammock gear Econ 10 degree with a sewn in foot box and 3 oz Of added down I love it I think it was around 300 if I remember right
A little heavier than some but idk if you’re an oz counter or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lando

WKR
I have a VIAM quilt and a UGQ Bandit XL that I'm really happy with. Really love how wide the Bandit XL is I can suck it underneath my pad with straps to completely eliminate drafts and still have room to toss and turn

Cedar Ridge makes good quilts in that budget. I also considered UGQ before picking Cedar.

I have a 20 degree wide quilt from them that I think weighs like 20 ounces or something ridiculous like that.

I have been researching quilts and looked at CR but they dont list their fill weight that I saw. I would be interested in how cold you have used the quilt and what you were wearing. They claim 19.9oz on a 20 deg quilt. That is quite a bit below other manufacturers and I mean the top of the line companies like Katabatic, Nunatak, War Bonnet. Their 20 deg bags, or similar, are 2 to almost 5 oz heavier. I just dont trust CR on their rating.