Best value in fishing/hunting waders- occassional use

Hey guys, I waited until the last minute and am headed up to WI on a fishing trip this afternoon. We may be doing some wading and its too damn cold to go without waders. There is a Cabelas, Scheels, Bomgaars, etc... on the way up there, and I'm looking for recommendation on the best value in a set of chest waders for occassional fall fishing and hunting.

Thank you in advance!

SloppyJ

WKR
I'm not trendy when it comes to waders but I've had a few pairs. The absolute best pair I've owned are breathable and made by Frogg Togg. I think they're called Refuge 2.0. Light weight and warmer than the 1200gr Lacrosses that they replaced. Best part is that they're less likely to develop issues in storage and get pin hole leaks. Nothing like laying in the bathtub to test out your waders before a trip to realize that you're up shit creek.

I don't know if those are popular waders or not but from the handful of pairs that I have, they're the best. They also have different levels of zip out insulation liners that they come with to swap out based on temps.

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
Buddy is picking up some Frogg Toggs Cascades 2-ply PVC for a few of us. He's been wearing them for a few seasons and no leaks so far.

2531usmc

WKR
my initial thought was to buy Cabelas, but then I remembered that Bass Pro bought them out. Oh well, we can dream

4rcgoat

WKR
I've been using a pair of frog togg hell benders for about 4 years,not sure if they make them anymore. Used them for mountain streams,and for bow hunting whitetails through creek bottoms. Beat the hell out of them and they finally started to leak this year,would buy them again.